PDA

View Full Version : std. travel dual rate shocks

maxamillion
10-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Ive noticed lately that for standard travel shocks the dual rate springs seem to be the hot set up. I know GT Thunder and Ohlins are both using either progressive or dual rate springs. Im sure alot has to do with valving but I was wondering...

If a person were to buy new works non zps shocks (AT-Steelers) would they be better off with dual or triple rates if they were both valved right from works? For some reason I think the dual rates look better, there cheaper, and you probably wouldnt have to worry about rattling cross overs making noise when riding.

What do you think?

Thanks-Max

northwest Texas
10-27-2006, 07:09 PM
I bought a pair of Works G Series (non reservoir) with triple rate springs and have been tickled to death with them. I haven't needed to adjust them at all from trails to minor jumping.

I don't notice a bit of noise from mine and while they're standard travel they increased front travel to 10 inches on my 400EX.

The G's are better than the Steelers and the price is minimal over the Steelers. I think the G's had 5/8 shaft and the steelers have 1/2 shaft.

I picked the colors of the springs and the gold color of the G's look much better than the silver of the Steelers.

It's been a while but I think triple cost the same as dual but I've slept since then. I know they cost $465.

maxamillion
10-29-2006, 09:01 AM
sounds nice..got any pics? I havent heard much feedback about those with the G-series works.