PDA

View Full Version : How does white plastic hold up?

rollie
10-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Im going to be getting a white 450R soon but i was wondering how well the factory plastic is going to hold up. is it better than black because i know black just looks bad after 1 ride, i just dont want to practice on this bike all winter then show up to the first race next season with a quad that looks beat, lol

4TraxRider
10-27-2006, 02:21 PM
IMO white holds up better than many other colors. I've had my LTR for 3 months and ride it just about everyday and it still looks good. My friend also has a full season of MX on white and it looks fine compared to his brothers red R.

svahle
10-27-2006, 02:57 PM
I think white holds up the best. Scratches do not show up very much. I use Westley's Bleach White (for white wall tires) to take out stains. Just try not to handle the plastics with greasy hands. Grease is harder to get off the plastic but with some elbow grease it can be done. Simple Green and several other cleaners will also do the trick.

chris29
10-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Yeah the white plastic has been the best and easiest plastic I have ever had to keep clean and looking good. Just be sure to wash it after every ride and if you get brown spots on the plastic Mr. clean magic eraser will work good.

Matthull
12-29-2009, 06:10 PM
White doesnt dirt or sand as long as you wash ( scrub ) after each ride. It kinda sucks scrubing it down after a good long hard ride but your want your quad looking good. My 2 cents

BakerRacing40
12-29-2009, 08:37 PM
the only problem i have is, where the upper inside of my boots are brown leather area and in the high wear area is a pain to clean... be careful what you clean them with, after the "top coat" gets worn off or a harsh cleaner is used will amplify the staining problem....

rollie
12-29-2009, 09:25 PM
WOW! this post is 4 years old, haha

BakerRacing40
12-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by rollie
WOW! this post is 4 years old, haha

lol that's great... so how'd you like the white plastics? haha

Matthull
12-30-2009, 12:19 PM
A 4 year old post and its still going. WOW take care