PDA

View Full Version : jetting for elevation

cgndhhh
10-27-2006, 08:20 AM
hey guys i recently bought a used hmf sport series slip on. I got my jetting a little on the lean side at 281 ft.(where I live) with a 160 main, 42 pilot, and the dynojet needle. I had two questions

-Can i use the dynojet needle with regular kehein main jets?

- And I mostly ride at gorman which is at like 3500 ft. and el mirage which is at 2900 ft. weather in socal stays the same 70-85 normally, how much of a jet change would i b making when i go riding ar would that high of an eleveation make my bike run a bit richer to where my jetting would be closer to what it should be?

Current mods are HMF slipon, K/N, no airbox lid, no choke, did the stock header mod for the welds and a 14t sprocket, adn this is on an 03 400ex.

cgndhhh
11-02-2006, 03:55 PM
bump

Def-e-nition
11-03-2006, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by cgndhhh
-Can i use the dynojet needle with regular kehein main jets?

- And I mostly ride at gorman which is at like 3500 ft. and el mirage which is at 2900 ft. weather in socal stays the same 70-85 normally, how much of a jet change would i b making when i go riding ar would that high of an eleveation make my bike run a bit richer to where my jetting would be closer to what it should be?

Current mods are HMF slipon, K/N, no airbox lid, no choke, did the stock header mod for the welds and a 14t sprocket, adn this is on an 03 400ex.

Probably Not to your First Question , and the second question - find where the lean setting is Now at 281 ft . , then see how big the jet size change is , perhaps ona Dynojet instruction chart , to find or measure just how rich its going to be when you riding at 3500 ft . Thats a jump , Ill tell you that Much . It will be Too rich methinks . not ALL bad , but then again , you could be wasting too much fuel doing it that way , and If you have the common knowledge to bump the size to smaller on the main , then do it .

I cant Rememebr now , but I would assume from a 160 you'd need to go down to , say , a 150 or a 146 ?

Wait for other answers , there are others that are more informed than me about this .

Wheelie
11-03-2006, 07:01 AM
Drop down to a 155 main, and the stock pilot jet (38).