PDA

View Full Version : 2007 250ex problem !!! HELP !!!!

ramrod5000
10-26-2006, 04:43 PM
New to this forum ... I just bought 2 new quads 1 trx90ex and a trx250ex, both 07's ......

Ok here's my problem took both bikes out for the first time. The 90 rode perfect no problem at all, my son rode it all weekend long. The 250ex on the other hand, broke down the first day. after about 1-2 hrs. My daughter was riding it around and when she came back she parked it for about 30 minutes and then my wife wanted to give it a try. She started it put in gear and ... NADA , NOTHING ... wouldn't go any where. It appears to be shifting into first. yet when you let go of the clutch and give it gas it just revs, no movement... any input would be greatly apreciated !!!

Honda TRX250ex
10-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by ramrod5000
New to this forum ... I just bought 2 new quads 1 trx90ex and a trx250ex, both 07's ......

Ok here's my problem took both bikes out for the first time. The 90 rode perfect no problem at all, my son rode it all weekend long. The 250ex on the other hand, broke down the first day. after about 1-2 hrs. My daughter was riding it around and when she came back she parked it for about 30 minutes and then my wife wanted to give it a try. She started it put in gear and ... NADA , NOTHING ... wouldn't go any where. It appears to be shifting into first. yet when you let go of the clutch and give it gas it just revs, no movement... any input would be greatly apreciated !!!
If you got it at a dealer bring it right to them and tell them. Since its a 2007 you should have a warrenty on it. Dont waste your time fixing it you just spent alot of money on it.

ramrod5000
10-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Exactly what I plan on doing this weekend.. just wanted to get as much insight as I could as ammo for the service dept .... I am sure they are gonna try and throw the blame on my daughter or something that she burned out the clutch or something ....

joker11
10-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Holy Rusted metal Batman!
I just bought that same combo for my family X2! I got two 2007 trx250ex's for my and the wife and two 2007 trx90ex's for the kids!
Let me know what happens so I can maybe prevent it on our rides!
Ours won't be ridden until Christmas cuz it's a surprise for the kids. The warranty will be 1/2 gone by then. So bummer for me, but keep me posted!
Thanks,

Joker11