PDA

View Full Version : have you guys ever heard of this..

gobigorgohome_7
10-26-2006, 01:24 PM
This was the weirdest thing... i was doing donuts in my backyard when the chain all of a sudden jammed. Im not quite sure how it happened. i think the cause was a broken tooth on the front sprocket. I drive a '99 400ex... ive searched it over and over and havent found anyone else this has happened to. Even the guys at the honda dealership havent heard of this happening. I was just wondering if anyone else has even heard of this..

underpowered
10-26-2006, 01:53 PM
did it come off? if it came off teh sprockets it was too loose. also check your axle nut and see if it is loose and could have caused the axle to shift making it bind or come off.

gobigorgohome_7
10-26-2006, 01:59 PM
no it didnt come off... i jammed between the swing arm mount and the sprocket causing one of the teeth to break off.

bansheemorphine
10-26-2006, 02:24 PM
i had that happen it jammed inbetween the swingarm and front sprocket it is caused from the chain like whipping i guess u'd call it also the slider on your swingarm is probably pretty beat up now after that so maybe you should replace that it will help it from happening again a case saver would help too

underpowered
10-26-2006, 02:30 PM
it would have to be way too loose in order to do that. also, check your swingarm for play, it may be moving causing your chain to whip and get slack in it.