PDA

View Full Version : esr cr ignition

juanki
10-26-2006, 01:14 PM
hi everybody...

i'm trying to byt this type of ignition for my quad, but this will make my quad with no ligths, is there a way to install this type of ignition and not loose the lights?

now if i istall this ignition, is there a way to install any set of diferent ligths aftermarket?

thanks

deathman53
10-26-2006, 04:42 PM
you can't lights with a cr ignition on a trx. You can if you use a cr motor and use a e-line stator and side case. I don't see that happening on a 250r motor, totally different cases and motor design.

Ricky Stator sells a lightened flywheel, about 200 grams lighter than 85 weight. combined with a hinson adjustble timing counterbalancer holder and advance the timing some you can acheive a better ignition. Some say to use a 89 cdi also.

juanki
10-26-2006, 07:15 PM
if i install this ignition. can i instal a battery just for ligths?

has anybody have dealt with this?

deathman53
10-26-2006, 07:33 PM
yeah, you can. But how are you gonna keep this battery charged? charge it before each time you ride and don't ride for more than about 3 hours and the lights will be real dim at the end of 2 about 2 hours??? Just stick with a stock ignition, basically with a cr ignition, you can't use light period.

400EX QUADER
10-26-2006, 08:04 PM
I heard trailtech can make the cr ignition work for lights...

juanki
10-26-2006, 08:12 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yea, i'm affraid that that's the deal.

now can some body tell me tha advantages ( other than what's addvertised ) of ussing this ignition?

in the future( about spring-summer), i see my self getting a 310 top end, will it work best with the cr ignition or stock?

thx agn.

deathman53
10-27-2006, 10:53 AM
I know they can make lights work, about 50 watts, but it requires the cr250r engine cases for the specail side case to fit.

darren250r
10-27-2006, 04:21 PM
If you want to keep your quad reliable with working lights I would just stick with the stock ignition. As mentioned above, an adjustable counter balancer may give you an edge over stock. I have tried other ignitions and I ended up going back to stock because it works fine and I can still run lights if I want. My $.02

Darren