PDA

View Full Version : Hard Starting??? 450er06???

wildheer
10-26-2006, 11:44 AM
i have been seeing all the post about the hard starting, especially in cold. Those of you that have this problem, do the obvious, i.e. clean gas, valves good, filters, etc.
charge your battery fully, pump the throttle about 3 times, then hit the starter (NO THROTTLE WHILE STARTING). If it doesnt start, pump the throttle 2 or 3 times again and try again. Please reply back with results.

lumi
10-26-2006, 01:19 PM
all i do is put my choke on, gas on, do not touch the throttle, put it in neutral and try to start it, w.e. u do dont toch throttle and dont hodl the starter button more than 5 seconds after 5 seconds wait for another 5 seconds and try again. it has been working for me for 6 months! good luck

also sometimes pumping gas works before but usually it floods my motor even more and your only suppose to do that in very very very cold weather accroding to honda.

btw let it sit on choke for about 20 second before pulling cjhoke out so it can idle on its own.

when the weather changes and you have mods jetting can play a good role.

also the decomp setting can also be off causing an unsual starting procedure. like your quad starts fie all the time and than slowly by slowly takes longer and longer to start after each week you have to adjust your valve and decomp.

just info

hoep it helps
good luck

-lumi