PDA

View Full Version : axle, locknut, spindle ?

tangerine
10-26-2006, 11:36 AM
OK my rear bearings are worn out I am guessing cause my axle moves side to side a good bit. I am new to the racing atv scene. I have had this one about a month. also IDK if my spindles are worn out but they move one the axle a good bit. IDK what would have caused them to wear out like that but whatever I just need to get it fixed. I was gonna go ahead and replace spindles,axle, bearing carrier, and locknut. I was just wondering what the best bang for the buck is without breaking the bank. Thanks for the help.

bansheexcracer2
10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Your spindles are what hold your front hub on. I think you are talking about your rear hubs. If your hubs move check the nuts first, if it is tight then it is probibly you splines on the axle. RPM makes a good axle, dont get a durablue (duracrap). LSR has good locknuts, hubs, and bearing carriors.

JW450R1
10-26-2006, 05:50 PM
gibson sells a good carrier.the rear axle hubs move.try removing the rear hub,and cleaning it up good.installed some red loc tite reinstall the hub and tighten it up with and 1/2 impact gun.the loc tite keeps it tite.depending on how much the splines r worn already.try east coast atv for the rear carrier.