PDA

View Full Version : supermoto

flattrack440ex
10-26-2006, 10:01 AM
what type of tires like compound would be good for supermoto? my flat track tires just seem to be way to soft but i really dont know so if you guys could tell me that would be great. also would i be able to run the same suspention set up as i do for mx with the smaller tires? for flat track i use durablue lowering kits but i cant jump with them. i am really interested in running supermoto this year so any advice would be appreciated. thanks

NGR
10-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Every track is diferent so not one setup will not always work.
Depending on the dirt section you may be able to use the lowering kit.
At this time no one makes a perfect atv supermoto tire.but you can try Duro or Inova, They are a lot harder than Hosiers and will last a long time.

NIC G

flattrack440ex
10-30-2006, 09:21 AM
thanks for your reply. the dirt section at the track that i will hopefully be racing has 2 woops sections and a pretty large jump you are prob. about 8-10 feet off the ground at the highest point. its not a very big track. its at oakland valley race park.

ACEwrench
11-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Nic (Granlund) always has good advice with supermoto questions. he just won the first ever AMA/ATVA grandchampionships. im sure if you have any other questions he be happy to help....Nic your my hero, NOT!

eganracing
11-01-2006, 11:20 AM
u can run a mx setup with tires and all and still have fun but if u have a swaybar i would recomend useing it and if your willing to spend the bucks on nice tires duro and inova have a good selection. currently i just run old itp's.