PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Cam

firefighterjosh
10-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Alright i want a Helmet cam lol. I have always wanted my friends and family to see what a XC race looks like. They can only see 10 % of it being on the sidelines lol.

I do not have a cam corder.

So I need everything Cam Corder and the cord to the helmet.

What is a good cam corder and helmet cam combo???

pelphrey
10-25-2006, 10:52 PM
IN the newest dirt wheels there is an article about renting a helmet cam. Here is the address :

helmetcamrentals.com (http://www.helmetcamrentals.com)

The price range is from:

$30 a day
$50 2 days
$70 3 days
$90 1 week

Optional insurance is 5 bucks. The insurance only applies if you wear the helmet cam on your body.

If you only plan to use it for a day I still think its cheaper to get it for a week. You can play around with it and on the day you need to use it to record you should be able to use it pretty well. Also in my own opinion the insurance is a must. Its only 5 bucks!

But it comes with the recorder and is in a small "camel" type page I think.

All details should be on the website. Otherwise like I said its in the November issue of dirt wheels.

firefighterjosh
10-25-2006, 10:57 PM
^^ Yup I saw that too. I might try it once, but I would rather own my own since I will prally record most races and dune trips.

pelphrey
10-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Cool. Yeah I would like to own one also someday. But I'll probably check them out and get that camera for a week in the spring when all my buddies are ready to ride again.

Since I won't use one that much anytime soon $95 for a week isn't bad at all.

I wish that dirt wheels would have posted a link to part of the video they made with the article. I haven't checked the helmetcam site yet, they may have some to view on there. But I would really like to see the quality of it myself.

firefighterjosh
10-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by pelphrey
Cool. Yeah I would like to own one also someday. But I'll probably check them out and get that camera for a week in the spring when all my buddies are ready to ride again.

Since I won't use one that much anytime soon $95 for a week isn't bad at all.

I wish that dirt wheels would have posted a link to part of the video they made with the article. I haven't checked the helmetcam site yet, they may have some to view on there. But I would really like to see the quality of it myself.

I just looked at the site, the cams they use are like $900:ermm: On another post they found one at Circut sity for $400 - $500

pelphrey
10-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Not saying that the 400-500 dollar camera s aren't good. I don't know I've never used any. But from experience with electronics the more you spend the better you get. I am sure you know and understand that already. You seem to know what you are looking for.

I bought a digital camera for 100 bucks and thought it was good..Until I used my parents 350 dollar camera (I can't think of the name of it right now). I know my Nokia 6102 takes better pictures then my digital camera. And I also know my Razr takes better pics then my camera. The good thing about my Razr is I can turn the bluetooth on on my phone and turn the bluetooth on my computer and send them to it. No plugs!!

But back on topic for all I know the 400-500 dollar camera could be good. But I myself have learned to wait and buy the best the first time. I am tired of buying things 3-4 times to finally be happy.

firefighterjosh
10-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Yea All I really am looking for is Good video (not excellent) good sounds and under $500. I have been reading reviews over the Samsung SCX205L, and though don't seem to good:(

firefighterjosh
10-26-2006, 02:19 AM
http://www.prestigecamera.com/product~id~sascx210l~tab~included.htm

^^ Thinking of this cam corder. it is the updated version of the Samsung SCX205L its caleld the SCX210L. Good reviews too.

http://www.futurelooks.com/?m=show&id=294
Check out the reviews^^