PDA

View Full Version : LTR Idle lever

RIDER11X
10-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Looking at LTriders LTR450, we agreed the idle lever is kind of fragile looking.....I spotted the stock set up on a RMZ450 bike with the shorty lever attached to the clutch perch.....What do you think about fitting that perch arrangement to the quad?:confused:

Baracudaaa
10-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Most racers are ditching the entire blob on the left side handlebars, then you can go with ASVs' for the controlls, much cleaner set up.

RIDER11X
10-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Apparently the idle control is not ever needed then?:confused:

AL Elks
10-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Not unless you live in a VERY cold part of the country. It comes in handy I guess to help warm up the quad in cold climates from what I understand. I've actually used it on the trail to cruse along without using the throttle.

Baracudaaa
10-26-2006, 02:50 PM
A/E is right, it makes a great cruise controll!
I removed all the crap up in front after breaking my thumb on light switch/idle housing. I personally have never even used the idle adjuster, but maybe Northern riders might have a use for it.

bigbadbubba
10-26-2006, 05:44 PM
i use mine as soon as i start teh bike up to warm it up, buy im from PA so its getting cold out here and needs it..... so if u live up north leave it if not just take it off

RIDER11X
10-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Well the conversion may work for the northern riders.:D

LTandRaptorider
10-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Uh oh! And mine doesn't work anymore! Guess I'll just use the LT250R in the winter...

Marc, sure you can't go Saturday? I'm taking the old LT, told Jackie I'll show her how to do that 50' up-hill double! :D

And yes, the fast idle lever is good for cold climates... Otherwise, hold the throttle in slightly when starting, and as the engine warms up. Not quite as convenient... I may have to look into the prob with mine.

RIDER11X
10-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Uh oh! And mine doesn't work anymore! Guess I'll just use the LT250R in the winter...

Marc, sure you can't go Saturday? I'm taking the old LT, told Jackie I'll show her how to do that 50' up-hill double! :D

And yes, the fast idle lever is good for cold climates... Otherwise, hold the throttle in slightly when starting, and as the engine warms up. Not quite as convenient... I may have to look into the prob with mine.

Why do you want me to drive the ambulance that you are renting or just direct the Medivac Helicopter to the landing area?:devil:

race32
10-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Why would you take all the stuff off the handle bar and leave the key switch?

RIDER11X
10-26-2006, 11:28 PM
How would you turn off the power from the battery???:huh

race32
10-26-2006, 11:45 PM
On off switch. I used a WR 450 one and located by the batt. box.
"Someone stole my key so I can't race" How many times have you heard that? But without the key I don't know where you will hang your pink rabbits foot hey ring.

Baracudaaa
10-29-2006, 09:03 AM
mmmmm, I have never heard 'someone stole my key' at the races. I left my key set up in because when we do go trail riding I want some sort of way to keep people from starting it up and riding away at night.

RIDER11X
10-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by race32
On off switch. I used a WR 450 one and located by the batt. box.
"Someone stole my key so I can't race" How many times have you heard that? But without the key I don't know where you will hang your pink rabbits foot hey ring.

Yeah, that kind of thing happens to the pros all the time!!! :rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!:devil: :devil:

race32
10-29-2006, 05:51 PM
When is the last time you saw a pro with a key????????

Baracudaaa
10-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Remember that little mishap when Jones had a rock bust out his key switch??? The suzuki team has the tops of their keys filed down so they wont hit them with their knees or accidentally turn them off.

Bkillerp
10-23-2007, 11:31 PM
GET RID OF IT! It really doesn’t serve much purpose and it's one less cable to deal with if it’s gone. Just make sure, if you pull it, you plug the plastic nut that the cable runs through when it connects to the throttle body if you do decide remove the thing. I just use a small wood screw with liquid gasket to seal out dirt and sand, then adjusted my throttle up about a quarter turn or so. I think it's easier to start now then when I had that stupid thing there.

jeremy_283
10-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
Remember that little mishap when Jones had a rock bust out his key switch??? The suzuki team has the tops of their keys filed down so they wont hit them with their knees or accidentally turn them off. i did that and nose dived down a hill!