PDA

View Full Version : More sprocket questions

chr1z33
10-25-2006, 10:09 PM
this ratio stuff can get confusing, I know by me droping a tooth in the front sprocket ill get more off the line and less in the topend, but will i lose power with a 13t on hill climbs. I want to be faster going up the dunes, and i know thats what the 13t will give me but will i still have the power.

Hope that makes sense thanks.

indyZrider
10-26-2006, 03:55 PM
no you wont lose power for a hill climb. the 13 tooth will give you more torque. the top end you will lose is at the high end of 5th gear, top speed. i dont know how high of a gear you get in on a sand hill but i doubt your going to be rapping out 5th gear.....unless you have a 350 small block on your Z. lol

Villageidiott23
10-31-2006, 06:08 AM
that question is very vague. yes you will gain more low end torque by dropping a tooth in the front but it sounds to me like you still want to just get up the damn hill faster. so to answer ur question yes dropping a tooth will give u more low end torque. but no it wont give you anymore power persay. gearing wont change the horsepower of the bike. so id recommend modding both ends. drop a tooth to gain some torque and maybe do a cam mod or something else to increase the top end and horsepower. maybe get a revbox too.

Villageidiott23
10-31-2006, 06:11 AM
i didnt see any mods in ur sig so im assuming its not. i dont know. but the easiest mod to really see a difference would be let the bike breath better. take the lid off get a KN filter and maybe an outerwear, pipe it and get a jet kit.