PDA

View Full Version : Double header this weekend

Pappy
10-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Sunday is a www.koontzadventures.com race near breezewood PA

And an AWCRS race on saturday

We may try and hit both for some coverage, and some racing on sunday...anyone else planning on going?

YFZ133
10-26-2006, 06:41 AM
how is rockets mx track never been there do u think there will be people there on quads ?:D

BSTURDIVANT
10-26-2006, 06:48 AM
You know I will be there Pappy, last race of the season. Koontz has never had a race there so it should be fun.

cletusEX
10-26-2006, 08:53 AM
I'll be there finishing out the year. Rocket has a pretty good xc track. Pretty tight, with some rock sections.

gbcap
10-26-2006, 10:11 AM
i am going to try to hit both. saturday looks like MISERABLE weather to race in tho.

koontz had a race there last year. it was my first race on my R in like june of 05.

rocket mx track is alot like budds or unidilla. lots of rolling terrain. they are having an mx race there sunday too.

gbcap
10-26-2006, 06:23 PM
RACE LOCATION HAS CHANGED FOR THE KOONTZ SERIES. IT HAS MOVED TO MASONTOWN, WV INSTEAD OF ROCKET RACEWAY. *******S KEEP DOING THIS TO US...PICK ONE PLACE AND STICK WITH IT.

Pappy
10-26-2006, 06:33 PM
that blows:ermm:

saturday is kind of shot for me, between trying to stick an arrow in this 6 pointer thats running around here, working and the family..sunday was going to be sweet. not sure if i can swing the extra travel:ermm:

BSTURDIVANT
10-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
RACE LOCATION HAS CHANGED FOR THE KOONTZ SERIES. IT HAS MOVED TO MASONTOWN, WV INSTEAD OF ROCKET RACEWAY. *******S KEEP DOING THIS TO US...PICK ONE PLACE AND STICK WITH IT.

When you have problems you have problems....better for most anywho.

gbcap
10-27-2006, 07:03 AM
it just seems to happen alot...haha

cletusEX
10-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by BSTURDIVANT
When you have problems you have problems....better for most anywho.

Yeah I figured that part of Pa would have been a haul for most people that run the series. Also Rocket would have been awfully crowded with a mx race the same day. Oh well I have had good luck at Mountain Top, it's just hard on the quad.:p

Pappy
10-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Tons of rain here

cletusEX
10-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Tons of rain here

Yeah the weather looks to be excellent!:p Haha yeah right. Oh well if I worried about bad weather I'd race motocross.:eek:

Pappy
10-30-2006, 08:24 PM
anyone have an update on how brent si doing, I was told he took a digger and hurt his leg pretty bad:(

BSTURDIVANT
10-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Well first off pappy, thanks for askin how im doin. My leg is just bruised really bad and should be healed up in a couple of weeks. Right now i have one maybe two cracked ribs and a bruised shoulder and i feel like ive been through 9 rounds with mike tyson. Here's what went down, I took the holeshot and was just crusin trying to learn the track and came upon a rock that was covered in leaves.......lets just say my bike stopped and i kept going about 30mph. My leg got caught on the handle bars of the bike and sent me cartwheeling through the air and eventually landing square on my back in a pile of rocks. Gabe Phillips who was in second at that time said i landed about 20 feet from my quad. My motive this year was to finish races so i got back on and suffered another hour and 20 min. of Mnt. Top rocks and ended up second behind my good buddy Gabe, and they had the paramedics waiting because they all knew that i was in tremendous pain! So it could have been alot worse but i will heal.

Pappy
10-30-2006, 09:31 PM
damn son, glad to hear you'll be ok.

they make them WV boys tuff:macho

cletusEX
10-31-2006, 03:33 AM
Glad to hear your alright Brent. I heard a lot of people after the racing saying you broke your leg. I didn't know you did it on the first lap and then finished the race! That's tough. Anyways get healed up and get back after it.:)

BSTURDIVANT
10-31-2006, 10:38 AM
I should be back on my quad to get some practice for next year in about 3 weeks.....for my hard head a little less...lol Thanks guys and see you next year!