PDA

View Full Version : Sidewinder sprockets/chain?

09-08-2002, 12:12 PM
Well its time to replace the chain and sprockets on my 400 and I hve heard that sidewinder puts out really strong and long lsting chains and sprockets? Does anyone have a set of there sprockets, chain or both? Also what are sme less exspesve alternitives? and lastly does anyone have a did x ring chain and how is it holding up?

Thanks for the input.

Big - D Racing
09-08-2002, 12:57 PM
I have the x-ring and i love it. It holds up very strong. Sidewinder is a great company with fantastic long lasting products, but they are very expensive.

crashinmatt
09-08-2002, 07:13 PM
i have both chain and sprockets. i have the stainless steel rear, and ive had it for over a year and so far no sign of any wear! the front, high is high density steel is just now showin little signs of bein used. as for the chain it seems to be wearin out a little faster then the sprockets. but dont all chains. i believe that almost all o-ring chains r about equal. i could be wrong on that though. never tried the x-ring. i was thinkin that for my next chain so i will see how good they r. and oh yes the sprockets were plenty expensive. hope i helped some.

NoNos38
09-08-2002, 07:39 PM
how much are the chains, and sprockets??
Thank's in advance,
Matt

crashinmatt
09-08-2002, 08:30 PM
heres the website for sidewinder http://www.sidewindersprockets.com/. it has everything i think u need on there.

Stevo
09-08-2002, 08:48 PM
I got them and they've been holding up real well for about a year but you do pay for them:(