PDA

View Full Version : Honest Opinions

DESDAK4
10-25-2006, 01:03 PM
I am looking for some honest opinions on my next quad. I will be switching from my KFX700 which has been very good to me but I need a change. The only choices are the LTR450 or the KFX450.

It is really hard to make my mind up what with the KFX not even being out yet. I have rode my friends LTR and love it but don't want to buy it just to see the KFX come out and blow it away. On the other hand I hate to try and wait for the KFX and not be able to get it until late into the spring and then wait for ever on parts with it being about the same as any other 450 power or ride wise.

The reason I am trying to make the decision now is because if i am buying an LTR I want to get the free stuff for buying before the end of November :D

I have put this in both forums for max views.

Any opinion is welcome and thanks for the help.
Jay

hsr
10-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Well it's obvious that you can't go wrong with either the suzuk or the kaw. The kawi has a lot of trick parts on it, and it has a proven motor. almost as wide as the suzuki also. The only thing that is really questionable is the reliability. If you will be motocrossin I'd go with the suzuki. For general riding, couldn't go wrong with the kawi.

erniej
10-26-2006, 11:57 AM
If I was comfortable with KFX700, I wouldn't rush for 450. I don't think someone that feels really good on kfx700 will really want to switch to 450 class -just take it for a trial first.

Offtopic: In your sig:
>USAF AMMO WE LIVE SO OTHERS MAY DIE
WTF do you mean? Are you some kind of a bad person, or just too much in videogames?

DESDAK4
10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
I am switching from the KFX700 because unless you have a lot of money you are not keeping up with the 450's. I actually rode a 400EX for a long time prior to getting the 700. I have rose all the 450's out now and really like them. I am not a big guy either at 5'9' 175 so I actually fit the 450 better.

No, I am not some sort of freak:devil: . I have been a Munitions Systems (AMMO) troop in the US Air Force for 14 plus years and that is one of our little sayings.

Jay

twistedmorphine
10-30-2006, 02:38 PM
i like the kfx 450s but there are bran new and have not had time to work out the problems. the ltr is a very good bike and has good things about it the kfx 450 has reverse and EFI also a very light frame. i myself would take the kfx 450 because they do have recalls if tey find any problems. plus the dealer that i go to said that they would be geting them very soon:D