PDA

View Full Version : Honest Opinions

DESDAK4
10-25-2006, 01:02 PM
I am looking for some honest opinions on my next quad. I will be switching from my KFX700 which has been very good to me but I need a change. The only choices are the LTR450 or the KFX450.

It is really hard to make my mind up what with the KFX not even being out yet. I have rode my friends LTR and love it but don't want to buy it just to see the KFX come out and blow it away. On the other hand I hate to try and wait for the KFX and not be able to get it until late into the spring and then wait for ever on parts with it being about the same as any other 450 power or ride wise.

The reason I am trying to make the decision now is because if i am buying an LTR I want to get the free stuff for buying before the end of November :D

I have put this in both forums for max views.

Any opinion is welcome and thanks for the help.
Jay

LTR-10
10-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Ive riden quads a long time and I asure you nothing is going to just blow the ltr away! But if your not going to race the quad you buy the LTR might not be the quad you want. Its not as trail frendly as the others on the market. Its a screemer that wants to go fast always.You cant realy lug it around in the woods,the low end is not like the honda or yamy. So if I were you id buy a machine that fits your riding style.

pelphrey
10-25-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't own the ltr but have a buddy who does and yeah its nice. I am sort of in the same situation.

Not really worried about aftermarket parts. It wasn't long after the LTR was released that parts were available.

But I know I want efi. But buddy with the ltr has the power commander and that software is awesome.

Trx250rider86
10-25-2006, 01:43 PM
im going to almost the same thing. I own a 250r right now and a 400ex, im selling the 400ex for sure, but i love the 250r also. The only problem is im racing next season, i need a race bike. The 250r is awesome for racing, but these new 450s are nice. Reliable, fast, killer suspension.

im prolly going to get a 450, and the suzuki i really like, but ive been hearing alot of problems with the trannys, but every bike has it problems.