PDA

View Full Version : what type??

hillclimbingrec
10-25-2006, 12:38 PM
all right,its getting close to ordering new tires

what i need to know is what tire will hold up the longest for pavement riding??

i want a tire that will slide good,clean out good,and i ride sliipery steep rutted out hills with roots

i was going to get sur traks but im having 2nd thoughts,thisis for a recon,i all ready have mudlites,but they wernt sproty,lol

10-25-2006, 01:10 PM
sur tracks will wear on your axle bearings REAL QUICK . this is from expperience with them...great tire if you are in anything soft...they are unstoppable, but on hardpack, because of the spacing, they wear on bearings

Xater
10-25-2006, 02:23 PM
i would probly buy kenga klaws if i were doing road riding or just some razrs

hillclimbingrec
10-25-2006, 05:40 PM
how hard is the kenda's compound comparied to the razr's?

250exkid
10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
yea pretty much im all for mudlights iv ran them on all 4x4's but urs is a 2x4 so ya id stay with 4x4, im getting for my 250ex some 22.11.9's but yet im the backwoods rider im all for mudin and rutted up trails so im for the 6plymudlights

Xater
10-25-2006, 06:07 PM
oh sry i didnt know it was for a recon i would try hole shot atr tires for a sporty feel

hillclimbingrec
10-25-2006, 06:33 PM
well,i have a recon,lol but the ATR's are wya to big,so

razr's
klaws
all traks
sur tracks?

i ride muddy steep hills with ruts and HUGE roots

and i like to powerslide

which one?will last the longest BUT get me what i want?

250exkid
10-25-2006, 09:13 PM
hey hilclimber ummm how is that mega max 2??? does it give you good power and good sound??:confused:

enduro400rider
10-26-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by hillclimbingrec
well,i have a recon,lol but the ATR's are wya to big,so

razr's
klaws
all traks
sur tracks?

i ride muddy steep hills with ruts and HUGE roots

and i like to powerslide

which one?will last the longest BUT get me what i want?

you want to ride to differant tires if you do mud and still want to slide. most tires that are good in the mud dont slide well. if you want a good mud tire try Spider Tracks i run them on my 300 and i never get stuck (as long as your smart about your lines). the only tire i can think of that would be good for you if you ride mudd and want to slide, would be kenda klaws. they come in 6 ply so they will last, and they are a reversable tread pattern. put them on one way for hard pack and switch them for soft terrain. you just need to figure out what you want more, either not getting stuck or being able to slide.

hillclimbingrec
10-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by 250exkid
hey hilclimber ummm how is that mega max 2??? does it give you good power and good sound??:confused:

lol,i wouldnt get one,it has given me all most NO powergains,all it has done is made it louder,but even tho it's louder just sounds like a stock recon,only 5x's lounder

im going to be getting either a big gun,or supertrapp,or FMF powerline,i heard all those are good,and give it a deeper,louder roar,but for a 25OEX i would get white bro's pipe or a HMF

well,i would LIKE to slide,but i would rather not get stuck,my friend has a recon with kenda dirt dog's

and he seems to get stuck.......alot with those,but he has had them on there for like 10 YEARS!!!with roadriding every DAY!!! and it still has tread!

but

out of these for hills,with SLIPPERY mud and roots and HUGE ruts i HAVE to stay out of
sur traks
all traks
razr's
klaws?

Xater
10-26-2006, 05:17 PM
mud sharks look like they would slide good

hillclimbingrec
10-26-2006, 05:25 PM
no mud tires!!!!!!!!

i got a mud tire(mud lites) and they wear out WAY to fast,so no straight up mud tires!

Xater
10-27-2006, 05:01 PM
have you ever seen mud sharks?

hillclimbingrec
10-27-2006, 05:11 PM
yea,my freind had em,