Thursday, October 26
6:00 to 9:00
Red Hill Activity Center,
Tatum Park,
251 Red Hill Road, Middletown, NJ
www.monmouthcountyparks.com

The NJ Trails Plan Team won't know that we want ATV trails unless we tell
them. Here's your chance!

The more, the merrier! No need to RSVP for this meeting date.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=251+Red+Hill+Road,+Middletown,+NJ&ie=UTF8&z=13&ll=40.390979,-74.130206&spn=0.054782,0.151749&om=1

Garden State Pky South to
exit 114 to "Holmdel/Middletown", go 0.4 miles
Turn left at Red Hill Rd - go 1.6 miles

Subject: New Jersey Trails Plan - October Vision Workshops

Thank you for your interest in the New Jersey Trails Strategic Plan Update.

Help us to craft a comprehensive vision of NJ trails in the future!
Join trail advocates, developers, managers and policy makers in sharing
ideas and developing recommendations.

Each 3-hour Workshop will include an overview of findings from surveys,
focus groups and interviews, as well as interactive exercises and group
discussion. Together we will create a common vision and brainstorm
strategies and recommendations to make the vision a reality.

Workshops will be held at the following times and locations:

Monday, October 16
Frelinghuysen Arboretum,
East Hanover Avenue,
Whippany, NJ
www.morrisparks.net (http://www.morrisparks.net)
RSVP (by October 12)
rsvp.whippany@rbagroup.com

Tuesday, October 24
YMCA Camp Ockanickon,
1303 Stokes Road,
Medford, NJ
www.ycamp.org (http://www.ycamp.org)
(Use Stokes Road Entrance)
RSVP (by October 19)
rsvp.medford@rbagroup.com

Thursday, October 26
Red Hill Activity Center,
Tatum Park,
251 Red Hill Road,
Middletown, NJ
www.monmouthcountyparks.com (http://www.monmouthcountyparks.com)
RSVP (by October 23)
rsvp.middletown@rbagroup.com

Interested in Participating?

Please RSVP by e-mail (above) for the location you would like to attend, or
call The RBA Group at 973.898.0300. Be sure to provide your name,
organization (if
applicable) and contact information (e-mail and phone). Although we will try
to accommodate everyone who sends an RSVP, attendance will be limited based
on room capacity.

Thank you,

NJ Trails Plan Update Team

krt400ex
10-25-2006, 10:20 AM
well, i think it is a little late to RSVP, and the article does say to RSVP so....but i would love to be there. we need more legal trails inNJ

rpyfz450
10-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
i think it is a little late to RSVP

I'm told there's no need to RSVP for the Middletown location because there's enough room there for a large group. Besides, do you think all the tree huggers that showed up at the last meeting RSVP'ed? It sounds like they don't turn anyone away at the door.

yellowzo3
10-25-2006, 02:09 PM
they know we want trails, they just dont care. they talk about catching people riding where they arent supposed to be everyday. If we had someplace to ride we wouldnt be in the woods. its common sense. theres no need to hold meetings that have no meaning after everyone walks out the door. they know alot of people ride quads...they just use the "no one is showing up to the meetings or vote for the trails" as an excuse to not build any. this has been going on for a while and the states only getting more anti-atv. all of the tracks arent allowing atv's anymore, so that means even less places to ride. the only place left to ride in nj is chatsworth.

chris75
10-25-2006, 03:13 PM
it to either of the meetings but let me know how it turns out and also chats is the only place to ride and there shuttin down soon anyways so i think its time for jersey to step it up and give us places for us to ride!!

jeepinjp
10-26-2006, 04:36 AM
Hi All,
I have not been on this board in a real long time... sorry, but as to the trails plan and meetings...I absolutely helps for folks to go to the meetings, speak their piece , take the survey etc... yes NJ stinks when it comes to providing us trails, but if we dont fight you can be sure we will never get trails. keep in mind that these meeting and this board are not the decision makers if they were we would have trails.....How do I know that you ask, because I am on the trails plan advisory board......but we write a plan which is supposed to be a raodmap for the next 10 -20 years, the previous plan had provisions for motorized recreation as this on will with even a stronger emphasis.. so follow link and take survey , go to a meeting and make a reasonable argument for motorized trails, dont shot us all in the foot by lowering yourself to some of those exclusionists at these meetings who hate OHV users....http://www.njtrailsplan.org (NJ Trails Plan)
No need to RSVP just make sure you go....

sunco
10-26-2006, 04:57 AM
I filled out the survey.

jeepinjp
10-26-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by sunco
I filled out the survey.

Great every little bit helps............

also everyone should join http://www.njohva.org (NJOHVA) New Jersey Off- Highway Vehicle Association so when I send out action alerts you will be on the list and it shows we have the numbers when negotiating with the powers that be,......

krt400ex
10-26-2006, 07:45 AM
ya i filled it out too.

jeepinjp
10-27-2006, 05:23 AM
we had decent representation last night and I am sure we got our points across, except for one exclusionist that I had words with it went pretty smooth...

sunco
10-27-2006, 06:24 AM
Thanx for letting us know how it went. Thanx for your time & effort on everyone's behalf.If I couldn't be there then the next best thing is the power of prayer!

Dear Lord, Give us all the opportunity to ride in NJ legally & enjoy what you have created for us all to enjoy. Amen

krt400ex
10-27-2006, 11:14 AM
If I couldn't be there then the next best thing is the power of prayer!

Dear Lord, Give us all the opportunity to ride in NJ legally & enjoy what you have created for us all to enjoy. Amen

yup^^^ couldn't have said that better. i agree

rpyfz450
10-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanx for your time & effort on everyone's behalf.If I couldn't be there then the next best thing is the power of prayer!

Good idea! The best thing would have been attendance + prayer. You can't count on state officials listening to god, so these people need to hear our voices.

BTW- You always meet interesting people at these events. Dealer representatives, race promoters, and OHV club presidents are usually in attendance.

A few of us get deep discounts just for having met the owners of a couple different dealerships.