PDA

View Full Version : What could cause this?

Iliketogofast
10-25-2006, 07:26 AM
The R went out of buisiness the other day. I was cruising at high speed and it just died, almost like it ran out of gas. There was antifreeze dripping down a bit from the head, which lead me to think it was the head gasket.

It was very hard to kick, and would not start. That made me think that it was full of antifreeze, but I drained all of the fluids including antifreeze and gear oil and still the same thing.

I then took the dome off. Everything works smoothly and kicks nice - smooth piston movement, no chips. The thing is, I put tfhe dome back on and it is still hard to kick. It doesn't even sound like the piston is moving in there.

Help me please!

C-LEIGH RACING
10-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Pull the flywheel cover & see if the crank is turning, I have seen cranks break at the web, still turn but be hard to kick over because of nothing supporting the flywheel half of the crank.
See if you have any movement, up or down at the flywheel.
Main bearing could have gone out.

Any noises just before it died.
Better pull it down before trying to start it or ride anymore.
Neil

Iliketogofast
10-25-2006, 10:41 AM
I'll check the flywheel tonight. There were no noises before it went, it was running fine. I had just got done dragging a Raptor across the field, then on the way back it just bogged down and died... I guess that made him feel better about me whooping his *** :)