PDA

View Full Version : is there adjustable pegs out there ??

bigsled
10-25-2006, 06:17 AM
hello, i was wondering on pegs that mabey are a inch lower than stock, for my 400ex
i'm tall and a inch would make a big difference. i've seen them on a yfz 450 but dont know if they were custom . thanks

1fst400
10-25-2006, 07:49 AM
I havent seen them, but I know it would mess with shifting.

If the peg is lower 1 inch then the shifter will be wicked high. I know when I got 450r pegs for m 400 the where a little higher and it made it hard to get my boot under the shifter.

10-25-2006, 08:15 AM
I think propeg nerfs might make the peg location a little lower than stock.

If the reason you want a lower peg is for shifting then you can adjust teh kickstart hight by taking it off and putting it back on at a taller angle. I do that for when i have my winter boots on.

bigsled
10-25-2006, 08:47 AM
yea, i'm tall and my legs get alittle crunched , a inch would help. i think the shifter would be fine it looks like you can adjust it. i dont know about the brake though?:confused:

10-25-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by bigsled
yea, i'm tall and my legs get alittle crunched , a inch would help. i think the shifter would be fine it looks like you can adjust it. i dont know about the brake though?:confused:

Shifter is adjustable and can be put at any hight but the break is not adjustable. Their might be aftermarket break levers that are lower.

If you can weld you could probably cut the mount off the peg and put the mount up side down and then reweld it back on to the peg and it would be around a inch lower.

1fst400
10-25-2006, 04:24 PM
when you move the shifter on the shaft it doesent shift as good. sounds stupid but it gets closer to the foot peg and gives you less leverage.

Have you thot of trying taller bars? Rox makes riser blocks that rise the handle bars up.

HAVOK
10-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Rox risers have tons of play, not worth the money.

400exrider707
10-26-2006, 04:40 PM
You need to be careful not to mount them too low otherwise they will hit the ground before your frame, and it will hurt bad.:rolleyes:

speedracer13t
10-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Go with taller bars and steering stem. Costs money but is well worth it, I am 6'6" and have the tallest bars i could find with a plus 1 stem, feels a lot more comfortable. I would like to go taller eventually

bigsled
10-27-2006, 06:11 AM
thanks everyone for ideas..looks like i'd have to have someone make some.. yes i do like the taller bars because i have longer arms too but, my legs are also long and taller bars dosent help that. pegs a inch or so lower would really help the legs on a long day of riding. mabey a more cushioned seat thats thicker than stock would give my legs another inch. i really like my stock seat though, looks wise.