PDA

View Full Version : Back stock shock

Woodrowbt
10-24-2006, 10:47 PM
What setting should i have this on? It honestly bucks me off the seat a lot.

like hitting a jump or just some bumps my *** goes flying off the seat. ... think i have it close to the hardest setting now

Old Head
10-25-2006, 03:42 AM
your butt shouldn't be on the seat when hitting a jump or big bumps. and we need to know what you have on the hardest setting there are 3 adjustments on the stock shock.

10-25-2006, 11:50 AM
If you hit bumps and the rear rebounds up fast then turn the rebound on stiffer. If its on stiff you will hit a bump and the shock will compress and come up sloly instead of poping back up right away.

Rebound is what controles how fast your shock rebounds back up after it compresses. In is slow and out is fast.

krt400ex
10-25-2006, 03:28 PM
yup^^^ and if the machine is bucking then u should slow down ur rebound a little. the screw for that is on the bottom of the shock. compression and preload will not affect the bucking condition that u r describing

Woodrowbt
10-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by slow
If you hit bumps and the rear rebounds up fast then turn the rebound on stiffer. If its on stiff you will hit a bump and the shock will compress and come up sloly instead of poping back up right away.

Rebound is what controles how fast your shock rebounds back up after it compresses. In is slow and out is fast.

thanks alot :)

flauge
10-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Adjusting it will help but if you really want to get rid of all that bucking you should look into a gt thunder link and revalve.
You wont have to worry about being thrown off your seat anymore:cool: