PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about

Trx250rider86
10-24-2006, 07:39 PM
buying a ltr, im def buying a new 450 soon but im not sure what one i want. Honda i wasnt impressed with, the Yamaha power was nice. But the Suzuki really caught my eye, but i never rode one. Ill be racing next season so im looking for a race bike, and my budget is low so the suzuki is prolly a better buy cause its extended of course. How are they in the air? Also anything else i should know? Thanks

Warnerade
10-24-2006, 07:49 PM
my bone stock suzuki took this jump without a problem. They handle great in the air and on the ground.

ingleful
10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
my bone stock suzuki took this jump without a problem. They handle great in the air and on the ground.

NICE!

Yeah my 450 with stock suspension handles great....handles better than my 400 with houser and works..

Trx250rider86
10-25-2006, 01:44 PM
what about the tranny problem, thats the only thing holding me back.

LTR-10
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I broke my trans within 6 months of racing it. But not to worry there is an after market product that will fix the weakness for around 150 dollars and takes about 1 hour to install. The inner case on the right side has a shifter pin that breaks off which makes the shifter not come back up when you down shift. They also make a part for around 25 bucks that stregthens that pin before it breaks. too late for that for me but mine is fixed and it cant happen agian.

LTR-10
10-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Also if your gonna race it its the quad you want. its the fastest out there and widest. It handles great and the shocks are adjustable.You wont be sorry if you bought one

Warnerade
10-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Trx250rider86
what about the tranny problem, thats the only thing holding me back. the LT-R never really had a tranny problem...there was a few lemons, but everyone has those.

450rJam
10-28-2006, 06:05 PM
honda, you wasnt impressed with but you liked the yamaha power ?

you sure you rode the 450r and not the 400ex ?

because if you liked the yamaha power you would love the trx power.

the ltr handles better than the others, and if your going to race it then its closer to race ready.
if your going to get long travel arms/shocks and push the power up then any of the 450's will do you well.

I still wonder about the honda you rode, going from your 250r or your 400ex the 450r is head and shoulders above them both and a pinch over the yfz but you check them all out and see which one fits best.

Trx250rider86
10-29-2006, 12:03 AM
no it was a honda 450r, a 06 actually, i was fast dont get me wrong, but it was very tippy feeling, im more of a powerslider, not my style. i just took it around the pit a few times, i was riding my 250r all day which is very low, then i went from something a little higher. I really like the suzuki cause of its race ready, and my budget is low. just that tranny thing was worrying me, but the fix thing sounds good, thanks alot.