PDA

View Full Version : IT'S OFFICIAL!!! KTM TO MAKE 450 AND 520 (BESIDES OUTLAW)!!! (no link pappy!!)

scottwvu
10-24-2006, 07:17 PM
OK, be patint as I am paraphrasing here....:)

A Pro-Am rider (who shall remain nameless) went to Austria and rode the KTM 450 quad.
1. He verified that KTM is releasing a 450 racer developed for the MX track as well as a 520cc trail quad (not the Outlaw...)
2.The 450 does have a solid rear axle and he states that it is FAR superior suspension-wise to a stock 450r AND the LTR Quadracer 450!!! (He runs PEP shocks on his modded 450r and he states that stock the KTM feels in the same ballpark.)
3.On handling, he says the center of gravity is very low and handles like a race quad should.
4. He states the power is very smooth almost electric feeling. He says he can't wait until an engine-builder gets their hands on this motor!

He states that the wait won't be too awful long, as they are just working out the bugs now. Says it will definately be worth the wait!!!

He states that the KTM quad will bring atv racing closer to the point to where you can race right off the showroom floor.

All in all, it sounds more powerful than a LTR stock, yet is closer to being truely "race ready" than the quadracer is stock....Whatcha think?

shano
10-24-2006, 07:29 PM
I want pics :D

infantry317
10-24-2006, 07:35 PM
old news :ermm:

BlasterEaten250
10-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Thats pretty cool, but it sounds like when the ltr 450 was coming out and everyone thought it was gonna be truely race ready, hopefully that is true with the ktm.

dirtline
10-24-2006, 07:43 PM
if any one going to do it it will be KTM. this quad will be the shizznit for sure. The big 3 better watch out i have a feeling this is going to take it to a whole new level. kick the machine and keep the motor all the way.