PDA

View Full Version : stock pipe

TANNER250r
10-24-2006, 06:41 PM
is it really worth going aftermarket & how much power does it add i can get a Paul tuner pipe for 75$ i just don't know if its worth it i want to get more power the 4wheeler is in great condition has never been rebuilt & i don't like the look of the stock one

KYmxracer52
10-24-2006, 09:27 PM
IT is very much worth it. Not only power, but sound quality. It kinda "uncorks" it. There are plenty used pipes out there, just like you have found. No reason to stick with stock, unless you are wanting to keep it that way. Aftermarket pipes, stick out a little bit further, thus increasing your chances of burning your leg, but you get use to it. I highly recommend going aftermarket. Its the easiest way to get a couple extra HP. It feels like a lot more from the seat of the pants. Just don't forget to adjust your jetting a little.

250r4life
10-24-2006, 09:34 PM
worth every penny...

i had a completely 100% stock 89, and you would be amazed at how much throwing that paul turner pipe, a rad valve, and a K&N improved it... whole different bike...

TANNER250r
10-25-2006, 06:28 AM
think you for your help i will do it then i put a ct racing pipe on my z400 and it did not add that much

86 Quad R
10-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by TANNER250r
think you for your help i will do it then i put a ct racing pipe on my z400 and it did not add that much

totally different animal all together. a 2 stroke is more responsive to pipe change than a 4 joker. in a sense, the pipe is to a 2 stroke as a cam is to a 4 stroke. move the power band a around a bit.

at any rate you wont be dissapointed in adding a pipe. with a couple other mods to balance the system out, she'll screem.

if you dont already know. i suggest you educate yourself on tuning/plug chopping/jetting you quad. because any change you make will effect the jetting requirements. have fun. :)

Trx250rider86
10-25-2006, 01:58 PM
when i bought my 250r it had a paul turner on it, later on i bought a esr and it was noticable. You wouldnt thinking going from aftermarket to aftermarket wouldnt make so much more hp, but it does. Your going from stock to aftermarket, your going to really feel it, good luck.