PDA

View Full Version : top end and bottom end power

400exfan19
10-24-2006, 06:23 PM
what is the difference between top-mid-and bottom end power? I just boot around and do the occasional jump. lots of hill climbing and draging. which power would you reccomend i increase?

John Pennella
10-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Bottem end power is the motors capability to produce power at a low rpm or the torque the motors putting out. Then the top end is pretty much how much power the motor can still make at the red line or if the motor is still producing horse power while it's screaming. For what you do I would tune the motor to have lots of bottum end torque for those hill climbs and jumbs but ur gonna want the motor to have good mid and top end power for the drags because off the line ur gonna want that torque but when you get in high gear u want the motor to move that machine faster and and faster to pull away by being able to make power as it's at a high rpm. Thats the best i can explain it, im sure others can explain it better but i tried.

northwest Texas
10-24-2006, 08:37 PM
I remember a saying a long time ago that goes like this "torque gets you going, horsepower keeps you going"

I would rather have more low to mid than have a revver. That's the kind of riding I do.

400exfan19
10-24-2006, 09:42 PM
so if i were to buy a bottom end cam would it effect the top end? or would it stay the same?

John Pennella
10-25-2006, 10:57 AM
i like how northwest texas said it. Short and sweet.

bwamos
10-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 400exfan19
so if i were to buy a bottom end cam would it effect the top end? or would it stay the same?

For what you want.. you want an "All-around Cam", a bit more power everywhere.