PDA

View Full Version : upgrading bikes not sure on 450r

03warriorrider
10-24-2006, 06:22 PM
first off if anyone can give me any suggestions or answers to my questions please do. i've had an 03 warrior with a few mods for about a year and a half now and its already getting old. the suspenesion stinks and its really heavy. and if anyone has ridden one it feals like a tank. i ride with a 400ex and can keep right up with him and pretty much top out about the same. i think im ready for more power and deffinately a new susp. im looking into the 450r but not sure if its for me. i ride 80% trails and 20% gravel pits. is the 450r managable in tight trails? if i come to a stream can i put it in first and sort of lug over the rocks or does it just want to go? i know alot of people have to lower the front sprocket for trails is this really necessary? are they reliable? are there any years out there that have been know to have problems? i live in new england so the weather is always changing so would i have to constantly rejett it? will the susp. soak up the bumps and roots on the trails that send me all over the place with my warrior. im 5' 8" and 180lbs and pretty sure i can handle it but will it be a good bike for my type of riding?

ckasper18
10-25-2006, 07:09 AM
Yes

10-25-2006, 08:21 AM
5'5" and around 148...i can handle it...i am sure you can...the suspension may be a little stiff for your liking on the trails(roots, rocks, etc) but at higher speed, will soak them up...i like the suspension a little stiff so it suits me fine.

if you get an 06, it wants to rev high, it is a little harder to lug around than my wifes 400ex...but it can be done...just a little more throttle and clutch control is needed...it don't want to go like a 2 stroke, but it is not as easy lug as your warrior or the 400ex...i ride mostly trails adn the bike is good, although i actually prefer the 400ex a little for them( it has aftermarket suspension as my 450 is still stock).

any bike really should be rejetted with any major weather change...air densities affect the air fuel ratio. this can change just as drastically during a ride.

ultimately, you will notice a world of difference between the 450 and your warrior. the warrior will seem like a chevette where as the 450 will be cadillac/porsche...you won't be sorry with the upgrade