PDA

View Full Version : A Arm Question

jrm03
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
alright fellas. Got a stupid question. I want to even up my front end with my rear axle, which is currently a LSR axcalibar as narrow as it will go, which I believe is +2 from stock. I have 1.5 inch spacers on the front right now which evens it up pretty close. I want to get arms to match this setup and find that 1.5 is impossible to find, so, would +2's with a 4+1 offset get me where I need to be. I currently have 3+2. Way too many numbers which I'm not familiar with going on. Thanks

Or we can go barney style and make it easier. What arm and offset number do i need to evenly match my current set up

400exstud
10-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Is there a reason that they have to be exactly the same. Most stock bikes are much wider in the rear than they are in the front.

That LSR axle probably puts you somewhere around the high fourties and the stock front is in the low fourties. You would need about +2 arms to get close.

During your a-arm travel you gain or lose width also so you will only be on for one position.

jrm03
10-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm hooked with the way my quad handles now, but I need the integrity of arms instead of spacers. I don't like riding with the rear wider than the front, just my preference. I'd like to go with plus 1's but I don't think that its possible without a way whack offset wheel.

bah1491
10-24-2006, 07:43 PM
ive got lsr's +2 wide+1 forwards up front, and the lsr axle in rear, fully spaced out, im running douglass wheels 3-2 offsets, and im 49" all the way around, with no weight on the bike