PDA

View Full Version : Are they reaLLy Worth it???

WhiteYFZ
10-24-2006, 03:38 PM
For all of you who have felxx bars, are they really worth it? do they really make as big as a difference as people say htey do?

thanks
espo

zrpilot
10-24-2006, 05:08 PM
I think you mean Fasst Flex Bar... I have them and they are really great. I always suffer from arm pump and the bars have virtually eliminated this!

Also a MTN bike tore my right should and arm to pieces. Long story short, after much titanium I have less strength in my right side and the Flex bars help me ride longer and hopefully faster.

Pricy for sure, but in my opinion worth it!

firefighterjosh
10-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Everyone I talk to love them

10-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Theirs a stem clamp that does the same as the bars.

gtilley45
10-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by slow
Theirs a stem clamp that does the same as the bars.

If you're talking about the one I think you are, they don't do the same thing.

ZSK
10-25-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm one of the few people that went back to a normal bar. I couldn't tell a difference (benefit) at all. I tried all of the elastomers available and didn't notice the bars. I did notice the bars moving while riding but I did not benefit from the movement. To me they are not worth the money, my $60 Renthals are.

Dave400ex
10-25-2006, 05:21 PM
I like mine. I put the new yellow elastomers in and they seem to be even softer then the orginal yellows. I like them much better now. I'd buy them again...

adinocr7
10-29-2006, 01:50 PM
I had the anti-vibe bar clamp and it was not much of a help. In fact I got more fatigued because when ever I hit the gas the bars would bend back. They did almost nothing when braking hard over rough or whooped out terrain either. I got rid of it and spent the cash on a set of Fasst Flexx bars. Are they over priced? I think everything in this sport is extremely over priced. It wasn't even the $280 for the bars that bothered me, but the fact that I needed to drop an extra $50 on a set of aftermarket clamps just to make them fit.

All in all though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't extremely happy with these bars. They make a substantial difference over braking bumps. And yes they also help out greatly in elminating arm pump. Of course nothing beats staying in good shape as well. The bottom line is you get what you pay for.

4TraxRider
10-29-2006, 03:57 PM
I love mine. Maby it's the way I ride but I could feel a difference on the second bump i hit. Regualr handlebars feel very odd to me now. I'm buying a set whenever i pick up a new quad from now on.