PDA

View Full Version : Houser products survey.

Jimmer
09-07-2002, 11:01 PM
I want to know what everybody thinks about houser racing products. Frames, a arms, swingarms, stems anything that has to do with houser I want to know what you guys think and how you would rate the quality and design of all their products.

400exRacerX
09-07-2002, 11:06 PM
I have +2 houser a arms on my 400ex and I love them, I've had them since march of 2002 and I havent had a problem with them yet and I abused the crap out of them. I also like how I got them with the upper arms and tierods chromed from the factory.

I got a houser +1 stem on my 250r and I like it,, but I really cant give a full opinion on it yet since I just go my 250r 3 weeks ago or so.

09-07-2002, 11:16 PM
The product (l have Long travel +1 a-arms) seems to be well made and the company easy to deal with. I had some initial problems with the ball joint clearence being too tight and causing the turning to be too stiff, but they corrected them quickly and paid air shipments both ways.

Now the only thing I have a gripe with is waiting for them to get the chrome process running so I can swap the tops for the chrome ones.

The performance of the long travel set up is great also.

BTW why do you ask? Are you looking to buy their products?

stocktires
09-07-2002, 11:25 PM
Im sure he is, He's building a crf the last I heard

09-07-2002, 11:48 PM
If he is then should give acall to jeff at the quad shop since he did one with the houser frame etc.

Jimmer
09-08-2002, 09:18 AM
Thats correct I am building the CRF with houser products. Also I have talked to Jeff at the Quad shop about the project and he seems to think that the houser setup is good and gave me a few tips (he's a nice guy). The reason that I'm asking is I have had three people tell me that the Houser stuff looks good but the back setup for the no link shock and swingarm is no good. Meaning the geometry is off some how making the quad sit to high in the rear and when you adjust it to sag more it makes you lose travel and just not have a smooth action??? Remember I'm talking about for their CRF setup. Do guys remember seeing that bike on here in the open forum from houser. I think the thread was tiltled 400ex to crf conversions. The bike in that thread from houser definitly sat way to high in the rear. Its the same one that is on their web site. Tell me what you think.

ChadEXer
09-08-2002, 11:27 AM
John makes some very very nice stuff!!!

Dave400ex
09-08-2002, 03:10 PM
Houser is really your best bet for even getting a Frame. All of the other Companies you will be waiting forever if you want their Frames.

Sick0
09-09-2002, 03:09 PM
I've never heard of the proble. All of the stuff I've heard sounds great.

09-09-2002, 11:50 PM
that the Houser stuff looks good but the back setup for the no link shock and swingarm is no good. Meaning the geometry is off some how making the quad sit to high in the rear and when you adjust it to sag more it makes you lose travel and just not have a smooth action??? Remember I'm talking about for their CRF setup
I had noticed that but most likely didnt realize it because thats one of my complaints with my EX. I know there is no real comparisons between the two but I had heard from John houser that they are working on a new set up for the 400Ex swing so maybe theres a change in the works for the crf frame also. I dont know but it may be worth asking him.

No sense starting out with a problem that would need to be corrected.

Let us know what you find or decide etc.

09-10-2002, 07:55 AM
good stuff..:D

Dave400ex
09-10-2002, 08:31 AM
They need to make a Subframe for the 400ex.

Cannonball08
09-10-2002, 08:39 AM
I have a houser stem with the clamp and I give it an A+. I am very satisfied and will buy everything else houser when the time comes.

09-10-2002, 11:00 AM
WarriorMan They need to make a Subframe for the 400ex.

So true and I think they know this but its not the latgest company either, but that may be part of the excelent customer service.

I have had some good experiences with the mfg's and dealers in the ATV stuff, but very very few when things dont go perfect and thats where Houser has shinned!

I have found that may of the problems we encounter are from greed and the pursuit of the dollar. Not that any company is not looking to make money but rather that some make it the only priority and forget about making things right and public relations.

A company that would rather not lose a couple dollars profit on one order to keep you happy (within reason) and would let you slam and bash them to everyone you know is foolish and way to short sighted, and I would not advise anyone to do business with them.

Its refreshing to deal with a co. like Houser after seeing so many other's problems

Extremeracer167
09-10-2002, 03:11 PM
It sais something when u talk to Rick from Axis and he will tell u that the best front end setup right now is Axis shocks with Houser long travel a-arms. Because usually axis is real tight with Roll, and he sais its better then the Lobo 2 Front end!!!!!!

Extreme

09-10-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
It sais something when u talk to Rick from Axis and he will tell u that the best front end setup right now is Axis shocks with Houser long travel a-arms. Because usually axis is real tight with Roll, and he sais its better then the Lobo 2 Front end!!!!!!

Extreme

YEah but Roll Lobo front ends cost $200000000 more than houser so the lobo must be better..:rolleyes:

Dave400ex
09-10-2002, 04:20 PM
Yeah Houser seems to have great Service. I have not got to deal with them yet, but if I need A-Arms, Swingarm, or Steering Stem I plan on going with Houser. I am kind of not sure what to do yet though because I am sick of having the slowest Quad so I know if Honda has something new I will want it, but then I think about Racing in the woods, power really does not matter. I dunno what to do......

The Houser Setup won`t set you back for years like the Lobo. Plus the Houser doesn`t have a 6 month plus wait.

Extremeracer167
09-11-2002, 08:55 AM
If you buy the houser long travel kit.......you will have 800 in the a-arms and if u figure........say.....1100 in the shocks.....thats 1900. The Lobo front end you can get for 2200. Thats only 300 differance.

Rico i think u are the one who is trying to start all of these little fights, i dont care if u are a moderator, u come and like follow my posts, and try to contradict me???? These are OPEN FORUMS!! Not everyone now down to the moderator forums. THe only reason i said that other stuff in the other rooms is becuase u came on and got a smart ***** attitude, and im not one to run away with my tail between my legs. SO say what u want, block me out of the forum, do whatever you feel is necessary. Ill just go somewhere else, then ill make sure this forum is run by a bunch of dictators that cant take it when someone doubts there authority.

09-11-2002, 09:03 AM
I"m not following you around nor am I trying to flame your post in any way..being that your new here you dont' know that I've always had a thing against Roll Design products..when I did pricing on lobo vs. houser long travel front ends I seen a $800+ difference in price.. and I dont' think everyone needs to be scared of the mods. We are not better than anyone else,,just because we have access to remove unwanted members were here to help and keep the board clean. You can voice your opinion all you want,,you have the right too,,just as I do..

the problem here is your new and you don't know how to read my responses and you don't know how to judge me. I'm a good guy that gets along with everybody..i've just questioned some of your post's,,I do have the right to do that correct. I've questioned 1000 of post made,,most people don't join and start saying this product sucks, and you need to get this to be fast, etc. etc. anywho you can think I'm pickin on you if you want,,I"m not,,but calling me a dildo was not a cool thing I don't think..I never referred to you with any name...but hey call me what you want..I'm sure there's nothing you can say to me that hasn't already been said.. Enjoy Exriders.com

Extremeracer167
09-11-2002, 09:11 AM
Im simply stating that these products that i have are lasting me and working EXCELLENT for me. I never said.....the only way that anybody will go fast is if u get a TC cam and custom axis shocks. It seems that everyone takes it that way though. And i dont know why?? I am the manager of a bike shop, so i do know what im talking about, im not just some shmuck trying to piss ppl off.

Dave400ex
09-11-2002, 09:16 AM
Now we know how you get all these Expensive Parts. Dealers get them at Cost.

Extremeracer167
09-11-2002, 09:50 AM
Sorry to Burst your bubble, but dealers dont make SQUAT on shocks. ESPECIALLY axis and elka. so therefore i dont get them much cheaper then u do.

Lets look at it this way.....why do all of the top pros run Axis or PEP??
How many guys do u see running elkas. Ok Duvall does.

Ballance
smiley
yokley
page
Derisi...........all on Axis

Borich........PEP

Elka............nobody

And dont give me that crap about.....well they are pros they get it free.......Im sure elka would give all of those guys free shocks.

cdalejef
09-11-2002, 10:00 AM
Extremeracer167 after going back and reading the post, you were the one that jumped in and said "should of bought Axis :blah "! Its great that you didn't have to adjust your shocks when you got them. I however had the exact opposite experience, it took me several days of pratice to get my Axis/Lobo setup they way I like them. When I built my new R this past winter I used the Houser/Elka setup. After 2 laps around my pratice track I made a couple adjustment to the clickers and I haven't touched them since. I can honestly say that I like the Houser/Elka setup better!
When you said that Axis have more features than Elka's for the same price, you are mistaken! Elka's have the high and low speed adjustments, your choice of piggyback rezzy and ti plated 5/8 shafts. You also have the choice of the entry level economy shocks. I'm not sure were you are getting your prices but Elka's are cheaper than Axis. As Houser's are cheaper than Lobo.
When Penski bought Axis the prices went way up but the shocks stayed the same.
Rico is well respected around here and to my knowledge has no known enemys.

cdalejef
09-11-2002, 10:04 AM
When it comes to pro's, its all in who's they get the best sponsor ship from. Bill has rode my R and loves my setup! But Elka cannont afford to pay him or the other pros what Axis does.
We are making a pretty good living on shocks!

Originally posted by Extremeracer167
Sorry to Burst your bubble, but dealers dont make SQUAT on shocks. ESPECIALLY axis and elka. so therefore i dont get them much cheaper then u do.

Lets look at it this way.....why do all of the top pros run Axis or PEP??
How many guys do u see running elkas. Ok Duvall does.

Ballance
smiley
yokley
page
Derisi...........all on Axis

Borich........PEP

Elka............nobody

And dont give me that crap about.....well they are pros they get it free.......Im sure elka would give all of those guys free shocks.

Extremeracer167
09-11-2002, 10:35 AM
Well that all depends on what you do and how much u sell.......We almost have sold enough Axis to get a better deal, but we dont do valving and that stuff. I never said axis had more features then elkas. once again, read wrong. Im not tryong to piss ppl off, im simply stating that in my opinion Axis is better. I never said Rico was not well respected? I dont ahve a problem with him, but i got the impression that he was jumping down my throat everytime i posted something. But that is straightened out. I am a dealer of both Elka and Axis, and in my opinion i dont tell ppl that Elkas are junk or anyhting, but i sell alot more axis then elka and works put together.

cdalejef
09-11-2002, 11:27 AM
Its just the opposit for us, we sell Elka probally 50 to 1 over Axis and 20 to 1 over Works.

09-11-2002, 02:44 PM
If you buy the houser long travel kit.......you will have 800 in the a-arms and if u figure........say.....1100 in the shocks.....thats 1900. The Lobo front end you can get for 2200. Thats only 300 differance.

Ok first I see you get offended easy so dont mind me I seem to get a little sarcastic since I do it to everyone.

Where you getting those numbers? the lowest I found on the Lobo was 2450.00 + frt (highest was 2650.00 +).

But even at your numbers the 19" Houser/Elka set up I just installed was still 750.00 less. And 1025.00 by my best deal on the obo.

Sorry to Burst your bubble, but dealers dont make SQUAT on shocks. ESPECIALLY axis and elka. so therefore i dont get them much cheaper then u do. I hope your sittin down but BS to that. Just look at the extra 375.00 your gettin for the long travels.:rolleyes: Plus what do you guys do it for fun?

I understand what all you guys mean when you make rederence to the pros, but I aint following no one. If all the pro's start sporting fat chicks then what you gonna do?

Just my .02, and extreme hang around its good to have some other good ideas too.

PS, Rico was you sober
:eek:

Extremeracer167
09-11-2002, 02:53 PM
Im not a distributor of the shocks or anything, im just a bike shop that sells them. And i dont make much on shocks at all. You have to understand that dealers get maybe 15% discount off retail on these high dollar shocks, thats a decent deal.

Dave400ex
09-11-2002, 02:55 PM
Yeah I agree with Jeff just because the Pro`s run it doesn`t mean it is the Best. Plus we are not Pro`s so why do we need Parts the Pro`s use? Not a single Guy on this site really needs a Lobo Front End, but if they have the money why not? Elka shocks would work great for anyone on here as well as a set of Houser standard A-Arms would.

09-11-2002, 03:20 PM
You have to understand that dealers get maybe 15% discount off retail on these high dollar shocks, thats a decent deal.

Have you thought of just not bothering then? 15% isnt much and then you need to be competative so you sell them at cost?

Extremeracer167
09-11-2002, 03:42 PM
Thats why my bike shop has taken off the way it has. I sell things pretty cheap, im not out there to rape ppl like some of these BIG bike shops do. If i make $20 on $1200 shocks, as long as the customer is happy, im happy. SO just remember if the dealer knocks 100 off a set of shocks, thank them, cause then u know they really arent making much money. Well im sure something like the quad shop can sell them cheaper cause they are selling alot more. But the little shops dont get much of anything from shock companies.

Jimmer
09-11-2002, 07:40 PM
Man this thread has really gone astray. I dont care but I just think its funny.:huh

Quadfather
09-11-2002, 07:57 PM
You ain't bo-*****t!n'

Oh yeah, I'm very happy with my Houser products.

Sick0
09-11-2002, 08:09 PM
I think roll design is way over price. I think the make great stuff bu come on all most 240 for foot pegs.

Jimmer
09-11-2002, 08:26 PM
I agree with sick I think the houser stuff is just as good for less.