PDA

View Full Version : D-12 AMA quads screwed.

speedfreaksguy
10-24-2006, 12:29 PM
October 24, 2006

With the prospects of some new and exciting AMA bike classes for next season, the D-12 promoters have elected NOT to offer Quad classes at their races for the 2007 season.

As the premier racing organization in Ohio, D-12 strives to be leaders in track quality, event efficiency and points recording. We feel that this decision will allow us to improve our events by keeping our class list manageable while offering better racing conditions to our members.

The D-12 promoters explored the option of running a quads only series. But the majority of D-12 promoters regretfully concluded that due to the low turnout of quad racers the past several seasons, it was impractical to have any kind of meaningful quad series for 2007.

The D-12 promoters hopes everyone will understand our position in this matter and we thank you for your past and continued support.

Sincerely
The D-12 Promoters Group

7 speed
10-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Damn!

That's why I like flattrack/EDT. The motorcyle guy love us because we lay down a wide blue groove and smooth out the track.

ZSK
10-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Come up and race D-14 bring your buddies too!

Mxjunkie
10-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Man.. I'm tired of hearing of all the district's screwing quads over..:(

coolguy8769
10-24-2006, 01:43 PM
i have a feeling the "AMA" isnt gonan do anything for us. i personal think they are tryin to push us out. with the WPSA goin strong i think more and more people will be racing them. i know i will.....:ermm:

A A R O N
10-24-2006, 02:29 PM
This deserves my wtf post of the day.

WTF:mad:

parkers30
10-24-2006, 02:31 PM
keep in mind there are still many districts that have stong serires that do include quads, I know the Ohio area also has many strong non district series going on too

support those that support you!

SRH
10-24-2006, 04:17 PM
same thing is happening everywhere, ny pa , u name it

10-24-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm sick of this BS. I wish I could race the whole WPSA series, but I cant. Id rather not race the AMA district races but I have no choice. But whenever a WPSA comes around, i'll take that over AMA any day.

firefighterjosh
10-24-2006, 08:06 PM
I guess us here in D15 are lucky. We have XC and MX for quads. I was mad over 1 major track not letting quads run anymore.

smitty_13f
10-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Sorry FirefighterJosh but i strongly disagree with you saying we are lucky in D-15 they treat us like ####. The only reason we have a strong running of quads is b/c of Reads and Wildcat. Although many would hate to admit it Reads is the best thing going in indiana. 4-races a weekend come on man that much racing can accelerate your level in a heart beat i know it did for me. Reads were also running D-12 races b/c D-15 tried to say they couldn't put on anymore nonsanctioned races. After this year all of the D-15 board is going to be thrown out and the AMA is going to elect and appoint new officials. Sorry to hear about D-12 i thought Ohio was always real big on quads.

Landon Smith #760

trick250r
10-25-2006, 06:35 PM
WTF this is bull*****... we always get screwed over by people like this. i really liked scenic highlands and dirtworld. i guess thats a better reason to race a few nats :ermm:

firefighterjosh
10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by smitty_13f
Sorry FirefighterJosh but i strongly disagree with you saying we are lucky in D-15 they treat us like ####. The only reason we have a strong running of quads is b/c of Reads and Wildcat. Although many would hate to admit it Reads is the best thing going in indiana. 4-races a weekend come on man that much racing can accelerate your level in a heart beat i know it did for me. Reads were also running D-12 races b/c D-15 tried to say they couldn't put on anymore nonsanctioned races. After this year all of the D-15 board is going to be thrown out and the AMA is going to elect and appoint new officials. Sorry to hear about D-12 i thought Ohio was always real big on quads.

Landon Smith #760

Yes reads Is great. I love the GP races. Wanna race them all next year. So having new offiicals going to be a good thing or bad thing? Hopefulyl for the good

Warnerade
10-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Ohio tracks suck anyway...Come up and race the quad series in Michigan...D-14 is going strong and every season our quad turnout gets bigger and bigger.