PDA

View Full Version : questions about jetting 300ex

300excarbsuck
10-24-2006, 10:48 AM
I bought a pro circuit exhaust and dynojet kit for my 300ex. when i installed the jets i rode it around and it was just fine. The next day i went to ride it and it was boggin. So i took the carb back off and checked everything out and after i put the carb back on it wasnt bogging anymore, but instead it didnt seem to have the power it should have. Any suggestions on what i should do? i put the air fuel mixture screw where it told me to in the directions of the jet kit, but its still not working please help meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

ky300ex
10-24-2006, 06:26 PM
I used the Dynojet kit on my 300ex with a full pipe,and filter with airboxlid on.I'm at around 1000 ft above sea level and i think(it's been a while) i was running a dj 120 main,dj needle on the 4th groove and the fuel screw turned out 2 1/2 turns and it ran fine.You may have gotten dirt in the carb during rejetting so try cleaing the carb with carb cleaner.

ky300ex
10-24-2006, 06:27 PM
I used the Dynojet kit on my 300ex with a full pipe,and filter with airboxlid on.I'm at around 1000 ft above sea level and i think(it's been a while) i was running a dj 120 main,dj needle on the 4th groove and the fuel screw turned out 2 1/2 turns and it ran fine.You may have gotten dirt in the carb during rejetting so try cleaning the carb with carb cleaner.

bwamos
10-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Running lid On or Off?
Running stock filter or aftermarket Filter (K&N, UNI, etc..)?

My guess is that you're running jetting for No-Lid and running with the lid on. Making you too fat on the main.

Pull the airbox lid off and see how it runs.