PDA

View Full Version : Wet fun in the sand dunes at Glamis?

joker11
10-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Hey guys, a pretty good rain just rolled through here. I was wondering if it is more fun to ride the dunes in the sand when it's dry or when it's wet.
If it were me, I would imagine that when it's wet it is less prone to become dusty and I wouldn't have sand in my teeth. I hate sand in my mouth.
What say you?:ermm:

250r4life
10-24-2006, 11:06 AM
its killer right after it rains and before it gets rutted up... you get so much grip and its a blast!!!!!!!! if i was in yuma i would go every single time it rained!!! course i would be there all the time even if it didnt rain...

Baracudaaa
10-24-2006, 02:58 PM
the second you get any type of cross chop after rain, it completely sucks, it will be the same as riding at Pismo on a foggy morning.

dariusld
10-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
it completely sucks

The vibration on a quad is no fun, then you throw in all those ruts. My arms , neck, and head are sore, just thinking about it. Especially when you head into a bowl and you transition from smooth to ruts in 4rth gear.:eek2:

b2sandshee
10-24-2006, 07:45 PM
you guys are no fun, haha. i think it is fun riding in the rain/right after it rained. you hook up like crazy and you pretty much have the dunes to yourself. it makes for good jumping to, you can crest the top and not get plastered with sand. i think it is fun when its wet, but i agree with the ruts, but thats what the peps are for. haha

joker11
10-24-2006, 08:44 PM
what's a pep?

b2sandshee
10-24-2006, 09:14 PM
their one of the many brands of shocks.

250r4life
10-24-2006, 09:32 PM
like my original post said- its great RIGHT after it rains... after it gets torn up it sucks... but before then the dunes are never better IMO...

if i could pick the ideal dune setting... i would be at gordons well. it would have rained quite a bit and the sand would still be wet, and consequently not dusty, and i would grip like crazy... i would have the bowls to my group only, and there would be people at patton and at comp to race, as well as at the flats, but the dunes would be for my group and i... nice wet sand... cant beat it...

b2sandshee
10-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
like my original post said- its great RIGHT after it rains... after it gets torn up it sucks... but before then the dunes are never better IMO...

if i could pick the ideal dune setting... i would be at gordons well. it would have rained quite a bit and the sand would still be wet, and consequently not dusty, and i would grip like crazy... i would have the bowls to my group only, and there would be people at patton and at comp to race, as well as at the flats, but the dunes would be for my group and i... nice wet sand... cant beat it...

hey, is somebody selfish? haha jk. ya mine would be alittle wet, no wind, bout 75-80 degrees, sun shineing, nice peaked dunes but not to peaked you know the ones for jumping, and the whole place to me. (ya i guess im selfish to)

duneflyer1
10-24-2006, 09:56 PM
LOL, you know whats funny, I DID go riding at buttercup this afternoon, because of the rain. It is a BLAST to ride in. I only got about 2 hours in, but it was a blast. The hook up is unbelievable!

b2sandshee
10-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by duneflyer1
LOL, you know whats funny, I DID go riding at buttercup this afternoon, because of the rain. It is a BLAST to ride in. I only got about 2 hours in, but it was a blast. The hook up is unbelievable!

only 2 hours, what did it get rough quick?

250r4life
10-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by b2sandshee
hey, is somebody selfish? haha jk. ya mine would be alittle wet, no wind, bout 75-80 degrees, sun shineing, nice peaked dunes but not to peaked you know the ones for jumping, and the whole place to me. (ya i guess im selfish to)

selfish? no way! i said i wanted people waiting at the hills to race me- its no fun unless i have lots of people to race ;)

i just wanted the bowls to myself! is that too much to ask? :D

250r4life
10-24-2006, 11:45 PM
if i lived in yuma i would be at the dunes more than 50X in a year... course as is it being 3.5 hours away, i was there last weekend, will be there this weekend, will be there the next weekend, and dont know for sure if i will be there sometime else before thanksgiving... but for sure thanksgiving

b2sandshee
10-25-2006, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
selfish? no way! i said i wanted people waiting at the hills to race me- its no fun unless i have lots of people to race ;)

i just wanted the bowls to myself! is that too much to ask? :D

haha, ya i guess it is good to have some competiton there to whip up on.haha. but i agree with the having the rest of the dunes and bowls to yourself.

duneflyer1
10-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by b2sandshee
only 2 hours, what did it get rough quick?

No, I took off of work at about 2:30 and was able to get out there by 3:30. I had a meeting to attend at 6:30 so there is where my 2 hours came from. But hey, 2 hours is better then NO HOURS:p I probably get close to 50x each seson out there.:)

esr250r86
10-25-2006, 01:44 PM
I am heading out there in probably 1 hour. I am also bringing my knobbies just to see how they work.Hopefully it will be fun.:D