PDA

View Full Version : ported, cammed +1valves 406 jetting

250X_project
10-24-2006, 09:21 AM
I was wondering what a 406 with +1 intake, ported&polished head a mild cam w/ air lid and choke removed would need to run for main and pilot.

GPracer2500
10-24-2006, 10:58 AM
No one is going to be able to tell you exactly. First, we don't know your elevation, typical riding temps, or exhaust settup. But even if we do know those things, your porting and the particulars of the fuel your using are other unknown factors.

You'll need to test for yourself to find the correct jetting. As far as a baseline from which to start that testing....

...I might try a 42 pilot and a K170 main. The pilot you can confirm/fine-tune with the fuel screw--you definitely won't need bigger, but a 40 could be better. On the main you'll just want to go up and/or down (I'd start going down from a K170 first) until you find the main that provides the best performance.

That's kind of a stab in the dark but should get you started.

250X_project
10-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Sorry I didn't take time and think it all the way through...I have a K&N filter, full aftermarket exhaust, 93oct., around 1000ft elevation, and aprox. 70-85F, if that would help dial it in better. But, thanks for your help already!