PDA

View Full Version : KOQ racing/FOX LTR long travel suspension review

syckNtwisted121
10-24-2006, 08:16 AM
This past week I recieved my full long travel set up from KOQ/Kids On Quads racing. It consisted of Long travel a-arms with camber adjustablity, 19.5 inch long travel FOX Float/evol front shocks, a KOQ long travel rear linkage and a Podium X rear shock. The whole kit uses all your stock bushings and bearings, so take them out of your stock a-arms and linkage carefully and you can re-use them. It took me probably about 1-1.5 hrs to install everything, including bearings. As soon as I had it all together, I called Alex Trompen from kids on quads racing (their pro-am rider) He gave me the settings he was running on the Float front shocks. Adjusting them is BREEZE just pump up the Main and Evol chambers with little hand pumps...nothing to it. After taking the bike off the stand, it was sitting soo low, the suspension was super plush, I almost thought TOO plush. But after about 2 tanks of gas practicing, and 5 motos of racing, I am truely and honestly amazed !! This suspension has soaked up EVERYTHING I have thrown at it. The only thing I have touched was the rebound on the rear shock maybe a total of 3 clicks. Going from an Elka Elite standard travel suspension, to this, was as much of an improvment as going from the stockers to the Elka. I have also backed off about 4 clicks in the outer adjustment and 5-6 clicks on the center adjustment on my Precision stabilizer, so the caster settings are spot on. KOQ racing got some heat in some other forums for offering an affordable Long travel set up, But I can tell you this set up is the real deal, you will not be disappointed and their customer service is unmatched. Check out their web site, Ebay store or give them Tom a call and you will get all the info you need.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkidsonquadsracing
www.koqracingproducts.com
kidsonquads@prodigy.net
616-363-1215 ask for tom

Heatpump#4
10-24-2006, 08:18 AM
did you get rit of the elka's you were using

syckNtwisted121
10-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Yes, Brad Mulvey was the lucky buyer