PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Vapor, X-bars and riser installed

Lowcountrydave
10-24-2006, 03:05 AM
I finally got around to installing my Vapor for the 400. Along with the riser and 1 1/8 X-bars. Dashboard protector. I really like the ignition and lights relocation.

I think I might get one of those vent tubes for the gas cap.

Dave

Lowcountrydave
10-24-2006, 03:13 AM
I wasn't sure how to add another pic to the same post.

Dave

monson
10-24-2006, 11:09 AM
thats sweet. did those bars come with the ignition/light relocation?

Mechanixx
10-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Thats sweet :D Were did you get it from?

10-24-2006, 01:49 PM
I got the same TrailTech X-bars and riser. Sweet.

How did you work the black plastic shroud around the throttle, clutch and front brake cables? The one that goes over the top of the stem.

Crazy lil punk
10-24-2006, 02:38 PM
is that a spedo/tack on there also?

Lowcountrydave
10-24-2006, 05:00 PM
I ordered it from Trailtech.net

The X-Bars are 1 1/8 and are needed to work with the riser.

The Protective Vapor Dashboard was a combo with the riser.

Yes it has speedo/tach/trip odometer/ambient temp reading, engine temp/average speed/max speed/max rpm's/clock/etc this baby is loaded.

(still waiting for the air cooled sensor its still being designed)

I let the cables take their natural course in front of the shroud. They tuck away pretty well behind the top of the hood.

The 400 has a mean stance, and the X-bars (medium bend) with the riser bring it right back to stock height.

Dave

Old Head
10-24-2006, 05:07 PM
lol not sure if i'd want to know how fast i was going. but it looks real nice.

mx1791
10-24-2006, 05:17 PM
wow that looks good, it looks clean too, not all cluttered up, a vent tube thing would look better, but it looks great as it is

exrider008
10-24-2006, 05:28 PM
that looks really good. let us know how it hold up cuz my friend had one of those and it only lasted about a month he was just riding along and all of a sudden it just broke into a million little peices.:confused: :huh

Lowcountrydave
10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
All let ya know how it works in the "field" It has made one trip to TNT Motorsport in Chester. Alot of jumps, and trails. So far so good.

Dave

BigFish
10-24-2006, 06:25 PM
The quad looks real good, the computer and black 1 1/8" bars look like something that came from the factory;)

Where do u live in SC?

Lowcountrydave
10-24-2006, 06:40 PM
I live in Columbia, SC (middle of the state)

Its about 1 1/2 hours to the NC border up by Carowinds

Dave

10-25-2006, 06:03 AM
BigFish and LowCountryDave -

Ever been to Enoree / Sumter Natl Forest?

I was there about a month ago , and its awesome.

I live near Spartanburg, SC .

Lowcountrydave
10-25-2006, 08:37 AM
No I have never been to either. Are there dedicated trail in Enoree? I have been thinking about going to the Sumter Natl Forest. How many miles of trails do they have?

Dave

10-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Lowcountrydave
No I have never been to either. Are there dedicated trail in Enoree? I have been thinking about going to the Sumter Natl Forest. How many miles of trails do they have?

Dave

23 miles of dedicated ATV trail at Enoree / Sumter.

Some of the best trails I've seen. Whoop sections, tight and fast sections. Not much mud, even after hard rains. Not rutted or washed out.

$5 to get in.

Lowcountrydave
10-25-2006, 11:42 AM
What directions did you take to Enoree? Trying to figure out where you entered. I don't know if there are multiple entrance's. I might go there tomorrow. What time do they open? Sorry for all the questions.

Dave

10-25-2006, 12:43 PM
What directions did you take to Enoree? Trying to figure out where you entered. I don't know if there are multiple entrance's. I might go there tomorrow. What time do they open? Sorry for all the questions.

Dave

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/fms/rec/EnoreeOHV.pdf

This gives directions.

It also says 14 miles, but I read somewhere it has more like 23 miles of trails.

Call 803-561-4025 before heading out to make sure teh trail is open.

I'm always up for meeting there. Just email me.

Lowcountrydave
10-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Garandman,

Its a last minute thought, but I'm thinking about going to Enoree tomorrow. After I call and make sure the trails are open. What you have planned for tomorrow?

Dave

10-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Garandman,

Its a last minute thought, but I'm thinking about going to Enoree tomorrow. After I call and make sure the trails are open. What you have planned for tomorrow?

Dave

Work, unfortunately.

My only day is Saturdays.

Lowcountrydave
10-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Well,

I guess all go scout it out alone. When I accrue more vacation, all have to take a saturday off. We can get a ride in down the road.

Dave

10-26-2006, 05:23 AM
Well,

I guess all go scout it out alone. When I accrue more vacation, all have to take a saturday off. We can get a ride in down the road.

Dave

I predict yer gonna love it.

I'm told there's someone down there almost all teh time, but be safe anyway.

400ex7
10-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Hey low country dave how is the tracks at tnt in chester? Me and my buddies have been debating on going? I'm from Pageland S.C. just a hour or so away.

Lowcountrydave
10-26-2006, 07:03 PM
At TNT-The trails are very narrow. Not very quad friendly. Alot of parts of the trail have been rutted out by the bikes. Its a place to go though. They have an intermediate track thats kinda fun. Has a set of doubles, some tables. I spend most of my time on the track. They are building a sport quad only track, but its not finished their tractor broke down. If you have a bike they have a nice supercross track, but she doesn't allow atv's on it. Some dorks ruined that for us. They have a mudpit kinda fun.

Went for the first time to Enoree OHV Trail, now this place KICKS MAJOR @zz..... Its located in or near Whitmire, SC
The trails are super wide, and mantained well!!

Well worth the 5 bucks to ride all day!!!

Garandman, you were right I loved the place. There were a few people out there. Very friendly we had a blast.

Hope this helps

Dave

hks308
10-26-2006, 07:22 PM
that lil speedo computer thing on your quad is so sick. i would pay anything to get on my quad. how much did you pay for that? is it hard to set one of those things up?

Lowcountrydave
10-26-2006, 08:18 PM
I paid $99.95 for the Vapor computer.
$99.95 for the Vapor Dashboard protector for oversized
1 1/8 X-Bars comes with a Riser.
** The bars were free, since they messed up the first order **

Trailtech has great customer service.

Not hard to install at all. I put 42 miles on the 400 today. I like having all the info at hand.

Dave

hks308
10-26-2006, 08:19 PM
what do you hook that computer up to?

Lowcountrydave
10-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Ignition - so that it has full power when you turn the quad on.

Rpm sensor wraps around the spark plug wire min 10 x

Speedo magnet replaces one of the right front disc bolts.

the speedo sensor mounts to the spindle arm, you have to drill a 1/8 in hole and install the sensor so it passes over the magnet.

Still waiting for the air cooled sensor. Its supposed to take the place of the washer that is on the spark plug. Then reinstall the spark plug. Its still in development.

Hope this helps.
Dave

hks308
10-26-2006, 08:28 PM
sounds like something i want

Lowcountrydave
10-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Well in the beginning I was interested in speedo/rpm gauge. But it come with so much more. Now I can keep track of when I need to change the oil, high speed, odometer, hours on the machine, ambient (outside temp), Trip odometer, highest rpm, etc...... Soon the engine temp too.

I would recommend it to anybody.

Dave

10-27-2006, 05:32 AM

Went for the first time to Enoree OHV Trail, now this place KICKS MAJOR @zz..... Its located in or near Whitmire, SC
The trails are super wide, and mantained well!!

Well worth the 5 bucks to ride all day!!!

Garandman, you were right I loved the place. There were a few people out there. Very friendly we had a blast.

Hope this helps

Dave [/B]

Like I say, if ever you get a chance at a Saturday or a holiday, email / IM me and we can go.

I think I have one vacation day left, so next time you wanna go get ahold of me.

ENoree is closed Jan - Mar for maintenance.

400ex7
10-27-2006, 07:18 AM
The trail tech vapor is awesome I put mine on about a week ago I got my 400 up to about 71 mph the other day. but if you dont have one its well worth the 100 dollars

Lowcountrydave
10-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Garandman,

Will do!

400ex7,

71 mph now thats gettin it! I haven't found a place to open her up. Even at 40 mph passing trees is kinda freaky. I'd like somewhere open. So if I bust, atleast it will only be me and the ground rollin.

TNT current prices: Years pass $35, every visit after $15 for the day. Daily pass $25 for the day.

So you save $10 bucks everytime you go with the yearly pass.

You guys think you will go?

honda4life72
10-30-2006, 02:27 PM
well y dont u just cut the hose short and take a valvestem cap and drill a small hole in top and putb it on hoze

400ex7
10-31-2006, 06:57 AM
Yeah we will probly go before its gets too cold I'll let you know ahead of time if we plan on going. I may try to get a year pass next year.