PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Alignment

rooster_20
10-23-2006, 10:45 PM
My plastic on my 400ex is crooked or somthin? The circle where the gas on/off/reserve switch is not centered and its hard to turn. Is there any way to fix this?

400eXr1d3rZ
10-23-2006, 11:26 PM
This will be hard for me to explain but here we go: At the end of the side panel theres a little plastic hook and on the front fenders there a another hook thing where the side panel hook goes around, it's not really a hook but something near it. I was always wondering why gas knob circle thing was always uneven and it was the side panel. Good luck.

svahle
10-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Do you have stock or aftermarket plastics. Many of the aftermarket plastics simply do not line up with the fuel switch without some modification of the mounting brackets, etc. Even with some modification, some of the aftermarket plastic is just not going to line up. Mine doesn't but I just live with it. Good luck.

rooster_20
10-24-2006, 11:52 AM
No I have the stock plastics. I really didnt understand the thing close to the hooks? The hooks you are talkin about hold down the gas tank right? If you could elaborate a little more maybe I could get it. Thanks

10-25-2006, 08:55 AM
My maier 1 piece race front when i got it lined up almost like stock just slightly off. Then i put hte battory up front and now the hole is off more.

Must just be aftermarket plastic. You could always take that black nobb off and make it like a raptors on/off/rez valve thingy.