PDA

View Full Version : not pointing fingers here, but what do you guys think?

1fst400
10-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Alright, I am trading front ends with QuadRacer18 and he seems like a good guy. talked with him on the phone and on the net.

So today was the date we where to ship out the front ends. Great, I package mine up. Dident make it to the bank to get a bank check (I owe him 350$ on top of the trade). So I am going to have it go out first thing tomorow morning.

I get a text from him with a tracking number, At this point I feel bad because I dident get my package out yet.

So I type the traking number in at ups, and it doesent mach up.

Ralph
10-23-2006, 09:27 PM
i pm'ed you
looks like its not in the system yet... Id give him a call. But dont stress it cause u havent made true on ur deal yet either.

1fst400
10-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Think I should go throu and ship my package out tomorow morning? I dont want to hold the guy up. I havent heard from him, I bet he is sleeping.

Im not woried, because my goods are stiing in my truck waiting. But I dont want to piss him off because im late.

I know he goes to school in the AM, so I probly wont hear from him till afternoon.

Should I wait till I hear back from him? Or just hamar doun and ship the package out. My instinct says that he is legit and I should hury up and get his stuf shiped out, asap.

firefighterjosh
10-23-2006, 09:53 PM
as much as I have talked to him he is a good guy. I just started selling stuff my self. Don't stress over it. It take UPS a day or so for it to drop into the system.

ilpadrino113
10-23-2006, 10:00 PM
^^^ as he said it take sa couple days for the traking nu,ber to be put into the system

Mxjunkie
10-23-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm friends with him he's a cool I wouldn't stress it, just give him a call and talk to him about it

Ralph
10-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Tracking numbers are usualy instant. Even if the package hasnt been picked up yet it shoud say "Billing/Shipping information recieved"

Id ask him and keep checking on the number

awsomeaussies
10-23-2006, 11:12 PM
from my experience the tracking number always took at least a half a day to start working;)

MAaudioX10
10-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Not too sure how he'll feel about you making your private dealings public.

Don't think it is anybodies business. Seems like you jumped the gun and blabbled all over the forum about your business. Now, you've made it everyones business.

I would have waited until you talked to him before post ANYTHING here.

Aceman
10-23-2006, 11:36 PM
MAAudio what's the big deal? The kid is asking for advice so he does the right thing. He's not badmouthing the other guy whatsoever, so what's the problem? He's not posting someones diary on here, it's a legitimate shipping question.

MAaudioX10
10-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
MAAudio what's the big deal? The kid is asking for advice so he does the right thing. He's not badmouthing the other guy whatsoever, so what's the problem? He's not posting someones diary on here, it's a legitimate shipping question.

I guess I don't know. I preceived it differently....as I said, it seemed like he was jumping the gun.

If he, indeed, was searching for advise...then, I spoke out of turn.

jrspawn
10-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Depending on shipper, tracking numbers do take half or up to one full day to become available online.

And MAaudio, i agree with where you are coming from. Even though all is probably well, the other person can take a post like this the wrong way from a sellers point of view. And like ralph posted, 1fst400 didnt hold up to his part of the deal yet either, so it goes both ways really.

Justin

1fst400
10-24-2006, 04:24 AM
Alright guys thanks for the help. I will have his stuff shiped out ASAP.

If figured out what was wrong with the tracking number to. every time he sends me a text it comes up with his phone number and then his message, so what I thot was the tracking number had his phone number in it also.

Not to worie, my bad. I was just a little scared because I have been skrewed over a cupple times already.

Pappy
10-24-2006, 04:39 AM
weve all been in this position, as long as your honest. people have a way of knowing when your genuine and when you trying to scam them etc.

rbgnwa45
10-24-2006, 09:43 AM
I don't know the guy your dealing with, but I'd hold off on sending your stuff, just because :) Many times buying things online using Canada Post tracking #'s, sometimes, the number didn't even work. One time it said my stuff was half way across the country, when really it was the next town over etc. So, tracking #'s don't really matter to me. You might as well be safe than sorry :macho

:chinese:

Quadfather
10-24-2006, 02:13 PM
At least he says he shipped the stuff, and gave you a tracking number. Your stuff is still sitting in your truck, and you've shipped nothing.

Sounds like he's the one getting stiffed, so far.

Warnerade
10-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Quadfather
At least he says he shipped the stuff, and gave you a tracking number. Your stuff is still sitting in your truck, and you've shipped nothing.

Sounds like he's the one getting stiffed, so far. couldn't have said it better myself.

450r51
10-24-2006, 04:31 PM
hmm that front end is really good

seeing as how it was ours!:blah:

1fst400
10-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Just thot I would wrap things up and let you guys know I sent my package out today, and its on its way.

Warnerade
10-24-2006, 08:07 PM
glad to see you held up your end of the bargain