PDA

View Full Version : Little jetting help needed..

Mxjunkie
10-23-2006, 07:46 PM
It's on my cousins banshee, it wont idle ( idles for a little then idles real high and shuts off )

you have to hold the choke half way out so you can hit the gas

put it gear and go to move and it bogs horribly..

I say it's lean but he think's its rich.. I havent pulled the plugs on it yet because I didnt have my tools with me..

It hasnt been run in about 2-3 months back when it was warm, now its mid 40's to mid 50's..

firefighterjosh
10-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Did it run fine before? Prally lean now that it got cold. Also maybe the pilot has fuel gummed up in it. Also check the boots for tears and make sure they are sealed good.

Mxjunkie
10-23-2006, 08:24 PM
just got done tinkering with it, it had the needles all the way out of the jets so I put it down in the jets 2 slots and it runs alot better now but I herd this hissing and I think his intakes are ripped..

me and him both have gone thru intakes like no tomorrow, fugg boost bottles :grr:

firefighterjosh
10-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Yea boost bottles Are junk in my opionion. Don't do poo for the banshee.

Mxjunkie
10-24-2006, 01:55 PM
I got it so it has great throttle response wont idle though..

I adjusted the fuel/air and got it so it'll start first kick again so I'm getting somewhere.. but once it fires up it dies..

and off idle it has a little bit of a Hesitation spot which lead's me to belive it's in the pilot area..

I'm going to assume the piliot's are full of junk unless there is some other trick someone knows

firefighterjosh
10-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I got it so it has great throttle response wont idle though..

I adjusted the fuel/air and got it so it'll start first kick again so I'm getting somewhere.. but once it fires up it dies..

and off idle it has a little bit of a Hesitation spot which lead's me to belive it's in the pilot area..

I'm going to assume the piliot's are full of junk unless there is some other trick someone knows

^^^ I think your on the right track^^^ Full of gunk I would think

IS there Tors system removed?

Mxjunkie
10-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeah both our banshee's have the b/o on them..

I found out my banshee has the intake ripped so bad that when I went to take the boost bottle off, the top of the intake damn near ripped off :mad:

firefighterjosh
10-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Yeah both our banshee's have the b/o on them..

I found out my banshee has the intake ripped so bad that when I went to take the boost bottle off, the top of the intake damn near ripped off :mad:

that is not good.