PDA

View Full Version : blaster idling problem

ZSNOW
10-23-2006, 04:21 PM
yea my blaster is having an idling problem it either idles to high or to low...i can't get the postiononing senser or the other thing in the thumb throttle to work right.if you hit the gas and ride it gunned for a second it will stay at the high idle.any suggestions on how to fix this

zeppelin
10-23-2006, 04:55 PM
you could have an air leak, make sure all of the boots are on good and tight, and that you dont have and cracks or anything in them.
there is also the possiblity that something may be sticking, try cleaning the whole carb out (especialy the slide) and if that doesnt work id think about getting a new cable.
throttle cable. (while the bike isnt running if you pin the throttle then move your finger out of the way does it snap back?)

ZSNOW
10-23-2006, 05:49 PM
it is supposedly a brand new throttle cable...i just picked it up yester day...so now i have 2 but will check tmrw about the air leak and give u an up date...the quad came with a twist throttle and whoever owned it be for me hacked everything together....for example the air filter was held on with string...HA ha but thats true