PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing software

TGW_400ex
10-23-2006, 01:37 PM
I have a Sont HandyCam Digital 8. I can put stuff on my computer with the program that came with it but its not dvd quality. What software could I use to upload with. Also does anyone know a program that will burn DVD's with movie files that are wmv format? I have a program that will burn VCDs but not DVDs.

orca0294
10-23-2006, 01:50 PM
you could use nero to burn dvds but here are 4 great editing programs in witch you can import and burn with --

adobe premiere
sony vegas
avid xpress pro
macromedia director

also digital 8 is not going to produce a dvd quality like I think you expecting you will have to invest in a more expensive camera

TGW_400ex
10-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by orca0294
you could use nero to burn dvds but here are 4 great editing programs in witch you can import and burn with --

adobe premiere
sony vegas
avid xpress pro
macromedia director

also digital 8 is not going to produce a dvd quality like I think you expecting you will have to invest in a more expensive camera

will those porgrams make the quality any better though?

zeppelin
10-23-2006, 02:13 PM
if you want to make the quality better you are probably going to need a deifferent cable. go to radio shack and see if they have any that plug into usb or fire wire connections, you wont drop any frames with one of those cables.

TGW_400ex
10-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
if you want to make the quality better you are probably going to need a deifferent cable. go to radio shack and see if they have any that plug into usb or fire wire connections, you wont drop any frames with one of those cables.

I'm already using usb.

<DRS>GPF
10-23-2006, 02:36 PM
is there a way to increase the resolution of the uploaded data using the software?

for example: it may be that the image looks great in a 320 X 240 frame, but when you increase to 1024 X 768 the image gets distorted from inadequate dithering. (as with most less expensive consumer software)

you may need to try using an actual "tuner" card : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815100131

its very likely to do better digital compression, than what a software driven USB interface could give you.

JLanphear
10-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Okay first things first....

If you are using USB, on a camera that is capable of using IEEE1394 AKA Firewire, then scrap the USB Cable and use the firewire connection.

Otherwise you could have the best editing software in the world, but the quality will still suck.

TGW_400ex
10-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
Okay first things first....

If you are using USB, on a camera that is capable of using IEEE1394 AKA Firewire, then scrap the USB Cable and use the firewire connection.

Otherwise you could have the best editing software in the world, but the quality will still suck.

So going to a firewire will help with resolution?

zeppelin
10-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
So going to a firewire will help with resolution?
fire wire wont improve resolution, but it will make sure you dont drop any frames.

TGW_400ex
10-23-2006, 04:45 PM
fire wire wont improve resolution, but it will make sure you dont drop any frames.

I don't have a frame issue though. So basically there is nothing I can do for better resolution besides buying a new camera? What about a program that will burn wmv into dvds and has like a menu and stuff.

10-23-2006, 05:53 PM
i suggest you take a look at this site....

www.dvdrhelp.com

it is the greatest video/audio editing site ever.

also what is it you want to do exactly ? you could just encode it, is that what you would like to do. that site ^ ^ has guides, software, you name it.

any questions, i know alot about video editing/encoding just ask.

10-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Also i would try out winavi if i where you, good quality and fast.
you can convert anything to anything with it.

i use it alot for dvds and the like.
it will also burn dvd,vcd,etc.

TGW_400ex
10-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by jdbrown_82
i suggest you take a look at this site....

www.dvdrhelp.com

it is the greatest video/audio editing site ever.

also what is it you want to do exactly ? you could just encode it, is that what you would like to do. that site ^ ^ has guides, software, you name it.

any questions, i know alot about video editing/encoding just ask.

I want to make a movie that will play on dvd players.

orca0294
10-23-2006, 06:22 PM
You may make them on a dvd to play in a dvd player. If your program doesn't allow or offer you to do so on there, try saving the file and then opening nero and buring the file onto a dvd on there. A dvd will not increase the resolution though. Mainly, like I said before your going to have to invest in a better camera.

TGW_400ex
10-23-2006, 06:30 PM
You may make them on a dvd to play in a dvd player. If your program doesn't allow or offer you to do so on there, try saving the file and then opening nero and buring the file onto a dvd on there. A dvd will not increase the resolution though. Mainly, like I said before your going to have to invest in a better camera.

I know that I want to be able to play it too. Not all dvd players will play VCDs

orca0294
10-23-2006, 06:42 PM
I know that I want to be able to play it too. Not all dvd players will play VCDs
then get a burner and burn them on dvds..

TGW_400ex
10-23-2006, 06:47 PM
then get a burner and burn them on dvds..

I have one man! The program it came with wont take wmv.

zeppelin
10-23-2006, 06:50 PM
there are many freeware programs that will convert the wmv to whatever format you need. but if your burning all of this stuff to dvd's or cd's and stuff are you atleast editing it a little? 2 hours of raw footage gets boring after awhile...

TGW_400ex
10-23-2006, 07:41 PM
there are many freeware programs that will convert the wmv to whatever format you need. but if your burning all of this stuff to dvd's or cd's and stuff are you atleast editing it a little? 2 hours of raw footage gets boring after awhile...

No man its edited.

Does anyone use Roxio DVD Builder. No matter what format I make these clips. It wont let them work. It says something about them not being registered or something?

orca0294
10-23-2006, 08:18 PM
No man its edited.

Does anyone use Roxio DVD Builder. No matter what format I make these clips. It wont let them work. It says something about them not being registered or something?
In your editing program it could be a copyright issue you will have to enable saying it is ok to copy your edit, try to fool around on that and if that does not try a different program. Download.com has tons of free programs that will match up with your needs. In the past I have expierenced something similar with a program called WinDVD Creator 2.

TGW_400ex
10-23-2006, 08:25 PM
In your editing program it could be a copyright issue you will have to enable saying it is ok to copy your edit, try to fool around on that and if that does not try a different program. Download.com has tons of free programs that will match up with your needs. In the past I have expierenced something similar with a program called WinDVD Creator 2.

Could you name a good one that will have a menu and will burn into a dvd format.

250exen
10-23-2006, 08:32 PM
my favorite is nero 7 ultra, but its pretty pricy, i think its $70 you could also try the demo on their website, i think its the full version for 30 days or something like that... i absolutly love nero

have you tried windows movie maker? i know on my computer you can import video to it, then burn it to dvd, and im almost positive it will work with wmv.
you need sp2 if you dont already have it....

here (http://ww2.nero.com/enu/Downloads.html) should be the demo for nero....

TGW_400ex
10-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by 250exen
my favorite is nero 7 ultra, but its pretty pricy, i think its $70 you could also try the demo on their website, i think its the full version for 30 days or something like that... i absolutly love nero

have you tried windows movie maker? i know on my computer you can import video to it, then burn it to dvd, and im almost positive it will work with wmv.
you need sp2 if you dont already have it....

here (http://ww2.nero.com/enu/Downloads.html) should be the demo for nero....

I use windows movie maker and I never saw a burn to dvd option? I've been using imagemixer but you have to pay 40 more bucks to get it to burn to dvd.

10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
there are free programs yes. do you want your video to have menus (your dvd i mean). that is the first question. i have a bunnnnch of converting programs.
depends on if you want menus or not...i can help you, im sure of it.

TGW_400ex
10-24-2006, 03:52 PM
there are free programs yes. do you want your video to have menus (your dvd i mean). that is the first question. i have a bunnnnch of converting programs.
depends on if you want menus or not...i can help you, im sure of it.

Yes I want menus I want it to be like a normal dvd movie.

10-24-2006, 07:28 PM
give me your email address and i can help you out. if you download a trial version of a program you will have to buy it because you dont have the SERIAL number and it will ony work for a little bit. i know some good programs you dont have to worry about anything ILLEGAL or trial periods.

so just email me if you get my point...then i will help you to COPY, convert or encode your videos. you have to READ BETWEEN the lines with this video stuff....;)

TGW_400ex
10-24-2006, 08:02 PM
give me your email address and i can help you out. if you download a trial version of a program you will have to buy it because you dont have the SERIAL number and it will ony work for a little bit. i know some good programs you dont have to worry about anything ILLEGAL or trial periods.

so just email me if you get my point...then i will help you to COPY, convert or encode your videos. you have to READ BETWEEN the lines with this video stuff....;)
you have a pm.

10-24-2006, 11:52 PM
got it and i emailed you. like those little hints in my last post..ha ha

TGW_400ex
10-25-2006, 07:05 AM
got it and i emailed you. like those little hints in my last post..ha ha
Yea haha.

10-30-2006, 11:14 PM
did u ever get your video working. i emailed you, and i havnt heard anything back yet. i had to go threw a couple pages but i found this post lol .

TGW_400ex
10-31-2006, 08:28 AM
hey not yet still messing with it.