PDA

View Full Version : What brand of piston

BKex
10-23-2006, 12:27 PM
What brand of piston would you guys recommend wiseco or an prox?...I've rebuilt my R plenty of times and have always used wiseco, and wondering if i should change it up this time and go with a prox?

elchankoblanko
10-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Ive been runnin a wiseco for a while and havent had any problems at all.

BKex
10-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Anybody else, what kind of pistons do you run?

xlr810
10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
What bore are you going to be?

My first preference is OEM (ART), I have only found them available up to 67mm, though. They are cast, and of high quality. Being that they are cast, they can run tighter tolerance. They also have the most unique, and probably best design of the rings.

However, if you are over 67mm, then Wiseco is probably the best bet. (forged) I've had a couple of ProX pistons disintegrate, which required a complete rebuild. In one instance, even new cases were required-- OUCH! Wisecos usually only ruin a bore when they go.

If you're on top of your maintenance, and will replace it long before that happens-- the ProX still might be your best bet-- due to the availability of oversizes, and the fact that it is cast. ProX are not made as well as OEM, though.

cincy250R
10-23-2006, 04:19 PM
i have been running weisco pistons in mine ever since i've had my bike and have nothing but good luck with them....

-dave

BKex
10-24-2006, 04:20 AM
Looks like ill be going with an weisco then. Im already bored .40 over and have to go to the next size now.