PDA

View Full Version : deer hunting

flattrack440ex
10-23-2006, 10:17 AM
well i finally got home to go hunting this weekend and i have maybe 3 weekends out of the whole season that i can go so i wanted to get a deer. on sunday morning i sat all morning waiting for this deer to come and it finally shows up when i hear my dad commin on the quad. so im sittin there waitin for it to turn so i can get my shot and at that time my dad shows up and doesnt see me in the tree. all of a sudden i heard a snap and see the arrow fly out of nowhere. 50 yards with a bow dead on and shot my deer. i was so pissed :mad: though after i laugh :D just thought that the hunters here would get a kick out of that

parks9
10-23-2006, 12:50 PM
id be pissed thats just me tho

tar
10-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Wow that deer must have been stupid!

LTZ400rider
10-23-2006, 03:44 PM
wait u got the deer, but ur pissed, why did u laugh. im ****in confused

4trax250x81
10-23-2006, 04:10 PM
His dad shot the deer on the fourwheeler (which is illegal in wisconsin), and he got the raw end of the deal.:D I have to admit, that deer must have been deaf or stupid!

flattrack440ex
10-23-2006, 05:02 PM
well he got off the quad but yea it was real stupid it picked its head up and looked at him and put its head back down

crazedape
10-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Atleast you seen a deer. I hunted for probably 20 hours this past weekend and seen squirrels and rabbits.

redlineranger
10-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by crazedape
Atleast you seen a deer. I hunted for probably 20 hours this past weekend and seen squirrels and rabbits.

this guy knows what he's talking about.:p squirrel rabbits and birds are just about all I see.

thats sucks though man i would have been super pissed.

700bRad
10-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Started my bow season out yesterday with an evening hunt. A little basket rack 6 pointer walked under my tree stand, then an hour after that 2 does walked under my stand. Also went this evening and saw the same basket rack 6 following a doe. Then an 8 pointer, 6 pointer, and an unidentified buck came out out and started feeding in the corn field, was way to dark to shoot though but I waited untill dark to walk back up to the house so I wouldnt spook them.

crazedape
10-23-2006, 07:11 PM
The rut where I hunt will be in about 2 weekends from now and I plan on hunting for a week straight because I have the fever and I want some venison. I love this time of year. I seem to shoot more coyotes than anything though.

flattrack440ex
10-23-2006, 07:37 PM
i hunted all weekend and all i saw was that deer everything else was squirles and birds and i didnt even see a squirl saturday morning. trust me man i have many weekends where i see no deer. is it just me or does time seem to fly by when u see deer and go really slow when u dont?

700bRad
10-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Nah I feel the same way with time. It was a cold hunt today and even though im sick I told myself I was going to sit untill dark. It seemed forever for dark to get here. I was starting to get hyper and I wanted to get up and move around, but I forced myself to stay in my tree stand. Also thank god for the cough silencer! I have a really bad cough and I used the silencer all evening.

flattrack440ex
10-23-2006, 08:07 PM
i also missed a turkey with my bow at 50 yards. my dad ranged them at 45 but they were running away so i figured they was at 50 so i held my 50 dead on the back one and he was prob. at about 47 so i took feathers off of him. what kind of bows do you guys shoot? i got the bowtech blacknight 2 this thing is a monster im shootin like 315 fps

rooster_20
10-23-2006, 10:32 PM
I shoot a Mathews Feathermax. They dont make em anymore but they were awesome in the day and still are! I really dont get to bow hunt that much but rifle season opens in about 2-3 weeks here in Harlan cant wait good luck hunters!