PDA

View Full Version : 400ex wont start! Electrical?

Blstr88
10-23-2006, 07:06 AM
Hey guys, so long story short, my 400ex wont start. I turn the key on and push the start button and nothing. I thought maybe the battery was dead so I hooked up some jumpers to my truck and still nothing. Also the little green Neutral light doesnt come on, so Im thinking maybe something is wrong with a switch? Is there anyway I can test the key switch and the kill switch? Maybe disconnect it or connect some other wires...any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

northwest Texas
10-23-2006, 07:10 AM
You didn't turn it off with the OFF/RUN switch did you? I can't remember if the neutral light comes on if the keys on though if that's in the off position.

10-23-2006, 07:16 AM
Fuse. If you blew one nothing works.

Or else the battory connections are loose.

Blstr88
10-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Checked the battery, she's all set. Where are the fuses? They underneath the front hood somewhere??

10-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Blstr88
Checked the battery, she's all set. Where are the fuses? They underneath the front hood somewhere??

Go by the battory. When your facing the battory from the side look to the left and theirs a thing with a small white/clearish cap. Pull the cap off and your looking at 2 fuses. 1 is going to be the burnt one and the other is a spair. You usually haf to take the rear plastic off to get you hand by it.