PDA

View Full Version : cheap atv shipping needed....

Glamis400ex
10-22-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm getting a quad from Wisconsin but trying to get it to San Diego as cheap as possible.

Anyone here have a hook up or used a carrier before that was on the inexpensive side? Trying to stay under $500

Thanks,

Glamis

Pappy
10-22-2006, 08:46 PM
there was something on the home page a few weeks back about a company that now offers atv shipping...hope it helps

firefighterjosh
10-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I think Fed ex can do it. I think it is around $500.

Aceman
10-22-2006, 09:15 PM
www.forwardair.com uses their metal enclosed crate for $580 from terminal to terminal. This is the cheapest easiest place for shipping I have found so far, I've used them 3-4 times myself.

www.uship.com just provide some details about what you're shipping and transporters will bid on it.

I shipped a few things and what it comes down to is how big the box is. Weight usually isn't a factor since quads only weigh about 350 lbs, it's the oversized box that is the determining factor. If I was selling it, I'd break it down as small as I could even if it meant taking off bumpers, tires, a arms anything to get it smaller. Then I would stick it on a pallet and plywood around the entire quad. If it's palletized any freight company can move it.