PDA

View Full Version : 16 tooth sprocket ?

crashinmatt
09-07-2002, 05:50 PM
ok all u people out there runnin a 16 tooth front sprocket. do they fit with aftermarket case savers? and where did u get the sprocket from.

Krazy Kid
09-07-2002, 07:09 PM
Hey, i don't know if they will fit w/ afterm,arket case savers or not becaus ei have never tried it but, if you want to kno where to get one you might try rockymountainatv.com. They have all kinds of sprokets, I don't know if they have a 16t for whatever you are puting it on but i have had a lot of success getting my sprokets from there. You can try it, if they don't have 'em sorry. They have renthal and primary drive to chose from.

Krazy Kid
09-07-2002, 07:21 PM
sorry, the biggest front sproket rocky mountain atv sells is a 15t. I don't kno where else to go, that is the only place i have ever bought sprokets from. Sorry!

crashinmatt
09-07-2002, 07:28 PM
well i know where i can get one from. i know sidewinder has them, or can make them. but i dont want to buy one if it wont work with the aftermarket case saver i have on. i was just wonderin where people who have them got them from. and the sprocket would be goin on the quad in my sig. a 400ex.

Tommy 17
09-07-2002, 07:58 PM
i got mine at the local dealer... try quadshop...

i use mine with my stock case saver but i took a dremel tool and grinded alot of the saver away till it fit...

Big - D Racing
09-07-2002, 09:08 PM
I have a 16 tooth on my 400ex. Renthal makes them, so anyone who deals through renthal can get you one. It fit in a case saver, but there is minor rubbing on the top and bootom of the case saver by the chain. I just used a grinder, and grinded it down a very little (not enough to affect the case savers ability to protect the case).

tprender
09-08-2002, 06:39 AM
Went to the local shop and looked though the books and I think got it out of the Part Unlimited book. I have a Denton caver and it went right on, no cutting.