PDA

View Full Version : Over Paddleing?

400eXr1d3rZ
10-22-2006, 06:06 PM
What could happen if you over paddle? My friend has some 10 paddle extreme haulers and he says i can use them if i ever go to the dunes but thats too much paddle for my bike, but he says that it won't really matter. What could happen?

Capt_ron
10-22-2006, 06:13 PM
you just wont be able to spin the tires as good as you shoud
with extremes this will make it harder to turn and will hurt your top speed

they will not hurt your bike if that is what you are worried about.

400eXr1d3rZ
10-22-2006, 10:44 PM
I don't mind the top speed, I just want some traction in the sand. And yes I was hoping it wouldn't hurt my motor, thanks for the reply.

10-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I don't mind the top speed, I just want some traction in the sand. And yes I was hoping it wouldn't hurt my motor, thanks for the reply.

Actually from the extra paddles you catch more grip and could be hard on your clutch if you try to roost.

Big - D Racing
10-23-2006, 08:32 PM
yes it can hurt your motor, been in the dunes my whole life (glamis) and the biggest mistake I see is people buying the wrong paddles for their bikes. 10 paddle haulers belong on drag race bikes. Just about anything else they will cause your bike to run slower, and add stress all over your egine, from the tranny gears, to the clutch, and to the cylinder walls because of the heat build up. Your bike has to match the paddles. Take a stock 450 with 8 paddles vs one with 10, the 8 paddles will win everytime as long as the bikes have similiar mods. Now take a built 450 it can handle the 10 paddles, but I would probably still run 8 paddle extremes just to keep weight down, and it would haul! I personally run 8 paddle haulers on my heavily built 440ex. When my bike was stock I ran 7 paddle haulers, and it performed great. I have ran just about every paddle on the market, and trust me stay away from the cheap tires like sand sharks, people think they are fine auntil they compare to a more expensive tire. Reason they are heavy as hell. Usually the more expensive paddles are a lot lighter and allow your bike to really put it's power to the sand. Now I am sure there is some expensive paddles that weigh a lot, so keep that in mind. Pay attention to weight, paddle depth, # of paddles, and tire size. Factor in what bike and mods you have to best match your quad. And just in case you don't believe me contact Skat-Trac the makers of haulers, all the best seling paddle tires in the world for both atv's and buggies. Tell them your bike and mods and how you ride, they'll tell you the best tire. And tell you the #1 mistake people make is buying too much paddle for their bike thinking it will be faster with 2 extra paddles when the reality is it makes them slower and adds even more stress on their motor. In other words it hurts your motor robbing you of engine life. http://www.skat-trak.com/paddletire.html

R3Concepts
10-23-2006, 10:40 PM
6s are where its at.

bwamos
10-24-2006, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
What could happen if you over paddle? My friend has some 10 paddle extreme haulers and he says i can use them if i ever go to the dunes but thats too much paddle for my bike, but he says that it won't really matter. What could happen?

Honestly you'd be better off with the Kendas you have on there now. Just flip them around backwards if they're Klaws.

10 paddle extreme haulers are WAY too much for your quad.

You're looking more for a 6-paddle hauler (standard) or an 8-10 paddle glider.

With the 416 you could probably get away with 8 paddle hauler. But, 10 extreme is waaay to much. It's gonna suck the holy living HP out of your machine.. lol.