PDA

View Full Version : a ? about the cable for a 38mm AS

CorvetteZ06
10-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Hey guys, I got the cable for my kehin 38 air stryker. got it new from Nacs, I guess its the honda universal cable to kehin carb. The end that goes into the carb, does it just sit in their like that? And then just slip the rubber piece over the end? I am afraid it will come out during riding?

CorvetteZ06
10-23-2006, 04:14 AM
ok, lol, let me clear this up, the metal end of the cable just sits inside the gold piece connected to the black top of the carb? and then i slide over the litle rubber piece?

DPR250R
10-23-2006, 06:15 AM
There should be a plastic piece that sildes over the the end of the cable.... after it is fitted properly into the top of the slide....

The plastic piece, held in place by the slide spring, will keep the cable attached to the slide...

DezSled
10-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Go to Sudco.com

PWK carbs:
Part # 27 holds the cable housing end

Part # 14 holds the throttle cable end

Part # 31 is what dpr250r is speaking of

The link to air stryker carbs doesn't show the exploded view that you are looking for.

When properly assembled the throttle spring puts tension on the cable housing to hold the cable housing end into the brass part you mention #27.

peeping TOM
10-28-2006, 04:48 AM
he ain;t talking about the slide ,its the cable -carb top ....i just nip the brass pit up a touch to hold the cable in then zip tie the rubber cover both ends to the cable and the top of the carb ....

ChvyCruzen
10-28-2006, 05:51 AM
Sorry for the thread hijack - but I want to know what the float level is for the Air Stykers.