View Full Version : Zits

MX MaNiAc 06
10-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Ever since i started working at a restaurant i always have zits. I shower every day, put proactive chit on it twice a day. They just keep coming back. Any tricks?

Mean250r
10-22-2006, 04:47 PM
pop those *******s

rmz250
10-22-2006, 05:00 PM
rub this stuff called witch hazel on your face after you take a hot shower.

exrider008
10-22-2006, 05:04 PM
one word... accutane<<< that stuff works great!!!!!!!!!

700bRad
10-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
one word... accutane<<< that stuff works great!!!!!!!!!

In 7th and 8th grade I had bad acne but my rents put me on accutane and by my sophmore year I was all cleared up. Now I look like I never had a zit in my life. The stuff worked great. There are downsides though, accutane makes people very moody and sensitive so be carefull with it. There are people that develope "Tane Rage" from the drug, its kinda like Roid Rage where you have a short fuse and explode if something doesnt go your way. I didnt experience these side effects but ive heard of people that have. Another thing Accutane is VERY expensive, the rents put 10k on my face between braces and Accutane alone.

yamablaster24
10-22-2006, 05:56 PM
yea my face is always greasy and i used to wake up to like 2 new zits a day. my sister got me this stuff called clearasil overnight vanishing cream and after a hot shower and a clean face i rarely have new pimples. when i well, dont exactly come home or put it on my face i do wake upwith like 2 or 3 new zits.

MX MaNiAc 06
10-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by 700bRad
In 7th and 8th grade I had bad acne but my rents put me on accutane and by my sophmore year I was all cleared up. Now I look like I never had a zit in my life. The stuff worked great. There are downsides though, accutane makes people very moody and sensitive so be carefull with it. There are people that develope "Tane Rage" from the drug, its kinda like Roid Rage where you have a short fuse and explode if something doesnt go your way. I didnt experience these side effects but ive heard of people that have. Another thing Accutane is VERY expensive, the rents put 10k on my face between braces and Accutane alone.

Uhh i already have a short fuse i dont need anything else to piss me off.

exrider008
10-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by 700bRad

ya i never felt those side effects. it also makes your skin VERY dry. another thing is that you have to get blood drawn every month to check for high colesteral.

i was only on it for a year. i would hate to be on it 7-10:eek2:

MX MaNiAc 06
10-22-2006, 06:30 PM
I just read accutane can cause birth defects, psychiatric diseases, depression, suicidal tendencies, central nervous system ailments, central nervous system ailments, inflammitory bowel disease, hearing/ vision problems, bone and muscle damage and pancratic damage.

Im deffinately not gonna take that chit.

10-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
I just read accutane can cause birth defects, psychiatric diseases, depression, suicidal tendencies, central nervous system ailments, central nervous system ailments, inflammitory bowel disease, hearing/ vision problems, bone and muscle damage and pancratic damage.

not worth the risk for some pimples unless your just that vain!:ermm:

10-22-2006, 08:53 PM
inflammitory bowel disease.

I think I'll keep the couple zits.

Mxjunkie
10-22-2006, 08:57 PM

Im deffinately not gonna take that chit.

Birth defects only in women.. suicidal tendenices is only because a goverment son was on acutane and he killed him self though he had a past of depression why not blame it on acutane rather to say your son was a wack job..

They blood test you every month once your white blood cell count changes they take you off it imediataly.. It's really hard to get anything from it to be honest.. the worst your going to get is dry lips.. and while your on acutane make sure you wear sun screen because you get burnt a little bit faster..

if you ask me I dont regret going on it and never will, I use to have the worst acne, I'm talking huge painful ones on the side of my neck, chest, back and all over my face.. Acutane helped me where proactive didnt do sqaut! my face is clear and I havent had a out break in 2 months and I've never been happyier!

spdygonzalez450
10-22-2006, 09:01 PM
i had problems with zits for a long time and i talked to my doctor and he gave me erythromycin, it has so far worked and i can actully see my skin getting better, so maybe check into that or talk to your doctor about it

nosliw
10-22-2006, 09:04 PM
exfoliate, but not too much.

10-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
if you ask me I dont regret going on it and never will, I use to have the worst acne, I'm talking huge painful ones on the side of my neck, chest, back and all over my face.. Acutane helped me where proactive didnt do sqaut! my face is clear and I havent had a out break in 2 months and I've never been happyier!

I've had a couple huge painful ones but they all of a sudden stopped coming back and I haven't cried since.

Mxjunkie
10-22-2006, 09:07 PM
yeah dude those huge ones hurt like a mother facker! I use to be in so much pain.. I have a couple scars from them but once I go back I am getting put on a cream that will constantly refolaite(sp) my skin to help reduce scaring and such :) The only thing that sucks once they get big and nasty the doctor will have to poke them with a needle and inject a steriod.. I got 13 shots in my face one appointment :(

Dermotogist's are worth the time and money :)

LTZ400rider
10-22-2006, 09:17 PM
are you a cook at a restraunt? the grease and smoke and chit will definetly make ur acne crazy.

MX MaNiAc 06
10-23-2006, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
are you a cook at a restraunt? the grease and smoke and chit will definetly make ur acne crazy.

Im a dishwasher but i cook every day for myself. I go back there for 10 minutes making a burger, fries, chicken tenders or something. I can feel grease on my face from those 10 minutes. Then after i eat the greasy food i can feel it. I always go in the back and rub an alcohol wipe on the zits after i eat.

I was off work for 4 days in a row. I used pro active every day and by the time i came back to work i didnt have any zits. So the restaurant is my problem.

MR.BIG
10-23-2006, 06:17 AM
Go tanning it burns them right off!:macho