PDA

View Full Version : Dirt wheels is so full of it.

450rJam
10-22-2006, 09:00 AM
First of all I need to kick myself for buying another one.
there is a write up on the 07 yfz (which they claimed was the best of the 3 way shoot out/ yfz-ltr-trx)

they claim the front brakes are upgraded
now it
"works just as strong as the front binders on the Honda trx"

but it gets better !!!

they claim that with "just an aftermarket slip on"
you can get 10 to 15 more hp.
AND
"in fact, by simply re-jetting and adding a slip-on exhaust system, the YFZ motor will produce nearly 50 horsepower."

HAHAHAH
dont get me wrong the yfz is a good atv and very respectable.
but this has gone from a atv mag to a COMIC.

ShiftFMX
10-22-2006, 09:24 AM
What Magazine will you pick next time??? :p :devil:

http://img.timeinc.net/quad/content/images/2006/jaime/jaime1-lg.jpg

lumi
10-22-2006, 09:24 AM
there idiots.

yamaha finally trying to go and make the yfz a honda

it got a oil squirter, like the honda
drilled rear brake, like the honda
last year got honda style chain adjustment, like honda
bumped the cc for 06 to 450cc, like honda
i kno im forgetting alot more but u get the point.

7 known issues are not a good quad to me.

what happens after the test run. after about a month my brother got like 20 problems at once. stripped rear axle teeth, doesnt wanna start, bolts on right side inside cover came loose, battery dies if lights arent on, hes clutch started slippin after 2 months freaky list goes on and on.

if they would work well and not break all the time i might think about buying one. but too many problems un reliable, too much money to rebuild and too much money for hp parts like cams and all.

just my 0.2 cents
and trust me a slip on and jet with no lid isnt gonna give u 50 hp. there on crack!!!!

-lumi

450rJam
10-22-2006, 10:19 AM
WOW !!
that is a nice mag cover.
looks like some real sweet rides.

I wasnt so much knocking the yfz (they have some problems, but none of the 450's are perfect)

I remember reading the shoot out saying
ltr handled best (duh.......its extra wide)
trx had most power (the 04/05 yfz had more)
but somehow the yfz won ?

I was just venting more on the mag than the actual atv's.

MX MaNiAc 06
10-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
What Magazine will you pick next time??? :p :devil:

http://img.timeinc.net/quad/content/images/2006/jaime/jaime1-lg.jpg

When i was in the hospital someone bought me a quad magazine.. that poster ended up on my wall at home. Jamie got me through some hard times when i had a broken leg.

450raider
10-22-2006, 10:35 AM
well yeah DW is full of it thats why i get atv action (and yes i know there made by the same place but atv action seems more on top of things) and all the sudden i think it might be worth it to take a gander at QU4D mag :D .

700bRad
10-22-2006, 10:55 AM
QU4D is teh s3x!!

CMPX3
10-22-2006, 11:42 AM
I am with you brother. Whoever it is thats running that mag damn sure likes yammeees!

TRX450R2
10-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
When i was in the hospital someone bought me a quad magazine.. that poster ended up on my wall at home. Jamie got me through some hard times when i had a broken leg.
The DW mag has long been Yamaha biased. I get it for the pics and stories, not the biased reviews!

lj450r
10-22-2006, 04:54 PM
I think dirt wheels is owned by yamaha(LOL). Thats why i quit buying their issues. Every write up they do about any yamaha quad, says its the best quad out there. Am a ATV sport subscriber now and love it. Just my $.02

lumi
10-22-2006, 05:02 PM
i should make the switch. hear in ny not too many quad mags. dirtwheels is so yamaha biased its not even funny no more.

-lumi damn guys at DW :grr: :mad:

ghott
10-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Courtesy of Bad Habit @ TRX450R.org

07' YFZ450
- Full Rossier Pipe
- No Airbox Lid
- K&N Filter

Blue line = NO CAM MOD

Red line = CAM MOD

50HP claims with a rejet and slip-on are just plain ridiculous :rolleyes:.

The YAMI's are sweet tho.

rlplive
10-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Quad magazine is my favorite, plus a sweet fullsize poster every month

morfy
10-25-2006, 03:32 PM
I had a friend dyno his yfz at the shop at the dunes ( little sahara )... With the air lid off and a white brothers full pipe .. I was amazed he pulled 47.83 horse.. My 450r with the a bone stock motor air box lid off and a slip on pipe only pulled 39.83.. Same day.. One right after the other..

I am getting a rage ported head with titanium valves , new map, 02 crf cam, and a je 13:1 piston very soon .. And I will redyno my bike... Then we will see what kind of numbers I pull.. I think I will only be like 52 or 53.. But it should really rip coming out of corners and pull really well though the mid range..

450rJam
10-25-2006, 06:55 PM
what year is your 450r

DirtDevilBT
10-25-2006, 08:04 PM
I must have picked up the wrong edition of QUAD cause I was so completely turned off. I read through it and got very bored and it seems it's more tailored towards the 4x4 guys. I dunno, it's the ummm...mmmm newest one maybe. I looked through it, took out the centerfold chick, then used it for packaging to ship my stock parts.

While I agree that DW can get a little silly at times, all the time, I still think it's the best magazine. All the articles, help, pictures, ads, and so on. You just have to use that big thing in your head to filter out what you need to know and what they want you to know. It's called ur nose, I mean ur brain.:D :rolleyes: :blah:

jtjpilot
10-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
First of all I need to kick myself for buying another one.
there is a write up on the 07 yfz (which they claimed was the best of the 3 way shoot out/ yfz-ltr-trx)

they claim the front brakes are upgraded
now it
"works just as strong as the front binders on the Honda trx"

but it gets better !!!

they claim that with "just an aftermarket slip on"
you can get 10 to 15 more hp.
AND
"in fact, by simply re-jetting and adding a slip-on exhaust system, the YFZ motor will produce nearly 50 horsepower."

HAHAHAH
dont get me wrong the yfz is a good atv and very respectable.
but this has gone from a atv mag to a COMIC.

Ya I noticed they said 10-15hp increase also, would a bunch of crap.

450rJam
10-26-2006, 05:11 AM
its just too bad that the readers will have to know as much or more than dirtwheels in order to properly use our B.S. filter.

I knew it was more than just a stretch of the truth, I actually
found myself laughing about it at first. Then I started thinking that someone trying to make a decision between the new 450's would be so missinformed that they may be buying something that was as close to misadvertised as it gets.

Maybe thats the point, Yamaha cant claim that crap so they let dirtwheels do a "test" on it and put it in print that millions will read and assume is the truth. (there are alot of threads in here about "which one to buy" that refers to everything from parts to atv's.
Most people know that when an add says "about" or "almost",
that the topic is an exageration. When I bought my 450r and they said the hrc kit would get it "CLOSE" to 50hp. I knew that most likely translated to 46-48hp.
I would like to see a list of what the writers and editers of dirtwheels ride for personal atv's. Perhaps thats the reason for the bias ?
I ride red so I prefer honda and I do think its as good or better than the competition for what I want to do. am I bias ?

450raider
10-26-2006, 08:49 AM
well i just cut off the DW sub. and jumped on board with atv action and QU4D and i just thought of something else, if anyone read about the polaris duel and seen that yamaha backed out how much do you think the people who dont have internet and just read DW is gonna hear about this? none. when (my guess) polaris or brp wins it its probably gonna have a little story in the corner even before letters that a little something happend, and that will be it.

700bRad
10-26-2006, 10:25 AM
The duel is over, none of the companies responded to Polaris, including Yamaha, Honda, BRP, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Arctic Cat.

450raider
10-26-2006, 01:00 PM
it is?......., wow dont i feel like an idiot, still if DW does go over it they wont say anything about yam. backin out.

JW450R1
10-26-2006, 05:45 PM
well,bottom line honda is #1.nothing runs,flys,handles,better then a honda.even to work on.

honda4life72
10-27-2006, 07:39 PM
yea my bud has a yfz450 and talke dall this smack bout how it was a dual overhead cam and it would burn my little red rider... wasn't so funny when i went by in 5th gear on the back tires LOL:D

hemp450r
11-22-2006, 08:43 PM
i am glad that someone else noticed this, funny , like dw