PDA

View Full Version : g-force axle worth it?

honda4life72
10-22-2006, 08:17 AM
ok i have very little money and was wondering should i save for a lonestar or get a g-force ....... i mena 200 bucks it wouldn't hurt my feeling if it broke ...... has anyone used em on a mx track or woods

ShiftFMX
10-22-2006, 08:39 AM
I have heard nothing but good things about them. That will be my choice for an axle!

pit/wood
10-22-2006, 09:06 AM
In my personal experiance it goes like this

stocker = 2 months

g-force= 3 hours easy ridin then 1 hour hard

Dura-blue= bent after 2 hours,took 2 full months to get it back(just ask Craig at dura-blue),reinstalled it,rode for an hour and flat-landed at 50 foot or so from about 20 foot up and it broke. MR. Craig told me that was good because I would get a new axle,but he also told me that if I bent or broke it again it would cost me 140 bucks to have any warranty work done on it. Of course any warranty issues in the future would all cost me 140 bucks to have repaired. Read the fine print,its not like that with LSR. OOO and by the way,guess who makes the G-force? heres a hint, it begins with dura-blue I believe,but that is just a good guess after having them side by side.

This is all true as it happened to me,each beakage I was ridin with a buddy.

I now have an LSR and it seems to be holdin up to my ridin.

If you do go with a g-force,if you break it rocky mt. will trade you up through a dura-blue to an LSR. I returned a brand-new warranty replacement dura-blue to them and they refunded my cash so I could buy one quickly ,localy

northwest Texas
10-22-2006, 12:37 PM
No problems with one on a Z400 but it's not raced MX.

honda4life72
10-22-2006, 12:37 PM
thats guys.. does anyone have one that has lasted longer than 1 day?

northwest Texas
10-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Yep, in case you miss my post right before your's. Don't misinterpret my post by thinking the Z400 is not jumped, it is.

tater_kamik
10-22-2006, 04:08 PM
i havent had any problems with mine, there are quite a few threads on this, search for g-force and you will come up with plenty of info!

crash n burn
10-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Had mine for a year and am very happy with it.

ITSTOCK
10-22-2006, 05:07 PM
I read about a LOT of problems with the g-force on this very board. Just do a search.

I have the RPM, seems to do the job perfectly

northwest Texas
10-22-2006, 05:19 PM
I think much of it depends on what he's going to be using it for. If he's serious about MX, I don't think he'd be asking about it. For general rec riding, I think it's more than adequate. If I hadn't found my LSR so cheap (used), I'd be running one.

wcbomb
10-22-2006, 07:17 PM
installed the g-force axle set at +1 on each side and the g-focre +1 spacers on the front. Went riding at Haspin Acres and cliped a tree. Ran some laps on mc track. Held up great. Real happy with the setup + the price:D

F-16Guy
10-23-2006, 12:43 PM
No problems to speak of so far. Just double check the torque on the hub nuts after a few hours of riding. I raced two WORCS races and put quite a few trail rides on mine with no problems.

PismoLocal
10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
I've put between 5-10 B class MX races on mine and I havent had a problem yet.

jim_beam_racer
10-23-2006, 03:52 PM
how would it be for ice tacing? thnx

10-23-2006, 06:39 PM
pit/wood- Are you saying that if you break a G-force RMATV will give you a durablue and if you break that they'll give you a LSR?

And jimbeamracer, If it holds up for MX it should hold up for ice racing.

I'm probably going to get one. I'm pretty cheap lol, and making 6.75 an hour doesn't help:(

GearHeadz400ex
10-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
pit/wood- Are you saying that if you break a G-force RMATV will give you a durablue and if you break that they'll give you a LSR?

And jimbeamracer, If it holds up for MX it should hold up for ice racing.

I'm probably going to get one. I'm pretty cheap lol, and making 6.75 an hour doesn't help:(
Durablue makes the G-force axle, so what hes sayin is: if you buy a G-force axle and break it, durablue will send you a new axle under warrenty, than with the new axle you just got, trade it + $$$ to rocky mountain for a LSR axle.

Over-land 450r
10-29-2006, 07:24 PM
pit/wood You landed from 20 ft in the air??? Im almost posative they arent made by durablue.

i beat the living **** out of my axle. i had it for a year and no problems.except for wen i hit trees. they are great axles. I have ridin Mx for a year on it and is fine. i cartwheeled my quad acouple of times and it is fine. you wont have a problem with it. i am goin to be racing nationals and WPSa races with it and i dont care.

pit/wood
11-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Wow,I ran across this thread ,again,gona subscribe this time.

Heck yea overland, 20' of air over a double is alot to me but not much to some.

I guess that after readin all the replys I just beat the heck out of my machine,or I did.

I have to add that I now have a suspension to take the pounding I dish out. with out the dampining capibilities of a good aftermarket shock I would probably still be breakin axles.

nofearrider1,I guess I didnt say that my g-force bent real bad but was not broke.

Axles are springs,they bend all the time.

JJs450r
11-17-2006, 08:52 PM
id spend a 150 more and get a good quaily lsr

johng
11-17-2006, 11:25 PM
I think you get what u pay for, I have had a LSR for about 3 years, no problems, before that I had Dura Blue went thru 3 in less than year

440racer66
11-18-2006, 08:10 AM
ive hit and cased a hundred foot step up and cased it and it was fine i couldnt belive it for the money its great i love mine but i also have axis custom lts all the way around hince why i have a g force not a rpm or lsr

CoDean45
11-26-2006, 02:25 PM
I had one on my old 400ex. I flipped it down a hill that was about 30 feet tall and almost straight up. It flipped twice end over end then 3 times on its side before slamming the whole left side into a tree. It bent my G Force axle, but not bad. It also pancaked both my left wheels. Somethings gonna bend with that kind of impact. I called Rocky Mountian and they gladly replaced it. It took about 2 weeks for another one to come in. Not bad considering it takes 5 working days for them to recieve my bent axle then another 5 working days for the new axle to come in. So in less than two weeks I had a new axle. All I was out was about 8 dollars for shipping cost. Can't complain with that. I've heard bad things about durablue replacing axles. I've heard nothing but good about LSR replacing their axles. I ran the G Force until I got rid of my quad. I cased a good bit of doubles with it and never had any problems with it bending. For the money you can't beat the G Force, considering it's nearly half the price of the durable and lsr's.